Corsair Community

pump dead on h100?

mirkoj

Hey guys,

I could use 2nd opinion.

Looks like my pump died. Fans are spinning, speed ontrol on profiles on h100 are working fine for fans everything seems ok but temperatures are skyrocketing. 90 90 degrees idle..

Checking out on radiator and it is completely cool air.

So my guess is that pumps are dead.....

Also if others agree and probably are.. what are my options?

Only to try and replace it where I bough it (should still be able to do done, I think it isn't older than a year...) or maybe there is anything else that I can try...

Help.

Thanks!

one weird thing is that hardware monitors still shows around 2000rpm for cpu fan, and as I recall and it is mentioned couple times, in case of h100 and others tat CPU fan speed in sensors is actually showing pump speed. So in that case pump should actually be working but still temperatures are idling at 80-90 and on top of fans across radiator it is just cool air no more heat as it was just a day ago when everything worked fine.

And one question about RMA if it comes to that. My H100 was acutaly bough buy a friend of mine in Slovenia and I'm in Bosnia. There are no corsair products here so I asked him to get me one and transport here.

Now do I fill in RMA request in min or his name? Or it doesn't matter as it is contact details just to fill correctly where and when field as well?

If the H100's 3-pin is plugged into the CPU_FAN header and the BIO reports the RPM to be around ~2000. Your pump is working fine.

Remount the H100 block and see if that changes the temperatures.

Note: When you remove the H100, you'll need to clean the old thermal compound off the CPu and block and apply new one.

Go back to stock speeds and see if that also changes your temperatures.

actually done that this morning as my first idea was that maybe thermal paste is in due replacement or something.

So I removed everything. cleaned everything and got new thermal paste all over it. Noctua NT-H1 is what I had so used that one.

And now everything seems even worse.

Yep It is plugged into CPU_FAN and fans into block so everything works fine just got completely nonsense of results.

Here is small video showing BIOS reading and then into windows.

So my guess as well is that pump is actually really working but what is going on then? :)

So I removed everything. cleaned everything and got new thermal paste all over it. Noctua NT-H1 is what I had so used that one.

And now everything seems even worse.

Too much thermal paste will raise temps. You may want to remount it again with less paste.

Try just a pea sized drop in the center of your CPU then mount the cooler.

ok I'm completly out of ideas...

just gone through whole process again, clean old paste, clean up block and cpu, got new paste again, a bit less then last time.. and not much help here so there is something wrong here.

CPU FAN shows 2k rpm so I guess pump is running, both fans ar working just fine, on middle profile right now, and then again cpu is idling at approx 67-70 degrees C.

Anything that uses cpu at all shoots temperature all the way till 98 and keepin git there by lowering CPU temp.

Ofc everything is at stock values.

It seems tat all should be just fine but...

one more things.. it seems tome that core voltage is oscillating a lot as well now I can;t really remember is that supposed to be like that.. but at the end of you tube post there I saw that it is oscillating all the time between .8-1.12... could be nothing but..

I'm to tired to even go and try everything again with old stock cooler.. removing brackets and everything.. too much for me for one day,... damn...

and last observation.. I was just checking with system running and one pipe is warm.. not hot just slightly warm and other one is completely cold. not sure if it should get at least a bit hotter (pipe) with CPU at around 90 degrees. I will replace h100 tomorrow with some other coller and just see what is going on if it is working or...

Would be great to hear back from someone from tech support to see if it is possible and ever seen before that everything looks fine, fans working, pump spinning but CPU overheating and it seems that there is very low or non water circulation, as there is not much heating of the pipes and radiator is completely cold so I guess that water is not getting up there at all.

is it possible that pipe is clogged or something and liquid circulation is way to slow?

I;ve just put back old stock i7 cooler and it works fine... I mean not getting CPU at 90 degrees when using it and 70 when idle so it works... 40 something idle and up to 70 with full usage so definitively something wrong with pipes in h100 :(

it lasted barely over a year before dying on me :X

I'll start RMA process and try again, not letting those money on waste but.. will be monitoring temperatures a lot more closely fro now on.. I mean after I install new h100 if when I get it as RMA-ing from my place will probably take couple months :X

Mirkoj, Corsair support is closed for the holidays . Thats and the forums get pretty quiet the day or so before too

Anyway. I don't understand it myself.

If the BIOS is reporting the pump speed as around 2000 it's runnning. I think it is a little low, but it shouldn't be enough to affect it's cooling capacity that much. A couple of degrees is one thing, but not 40! :)

one more things.. it seems tome that core voltage is oscillating a lot as well now I can;t really remember is that supposed to be like that.. but at the end of you tube post there I saw that it is oscillating all the time between .8-1.12... could be nothing but..

Intels speed step..it's all normal. When your idleing core voltage will be lower. then as you put a load on the CPU it will call for more voltage and adjust accordingly. Same goes for your CPU frequency.

I was just checking with system running and one pipe is warm.. not hot just slightly warm and other one is completely cold. not sure if it should get at least a bit hotter (pipe) with CPU at around 90 degrees. I will replace h100 tomorrow with some other coller and just see what is going on if it is working or..

Nope the pipes dont get real hot at all. The water should be slightly warmer going into the RAD , then cool on the other side. My RAD doesn't get real warm to the touch except under full load. Then you can really feel the heat.

is it possible that pipe is clogged or something and liquid circulation is way to slow?

No, not really. It's just water and glycol mixture and not something that would clog .

It sounds as if it is running okay, but i would have it replaced just to be on the safe side. If you are within your resellers time frame for returns, i would start there. But if they can not or will not help you or you would just like to RMA with Corsair , you can use the link on the left side to get your RMA started.

Just be aware of the holiday hours so RMA's may take a day or two longer.

PS, If you get the same results with another unit I would double check both your mounting installation and or PSU/power connection.

Oh , Did you by any chance try a different power connection on the PSU?

hey thanks for getting back to me, I was kinda putting details as i was figuring out them on fly. I saw notice about holidays no problem there. I;ve just filled in RMA, but it is on another name as my friend bough unit in Slovenia and brought it here to me as I couldn't find product here. So my RMA will go over him as well. Will take some extra time due to transport but.

As for latest update.. I've juts replaced H100 with old stock cooler that I had and temperatures are back to normal.. as normal is with standard stock cooler :)

RPM was a bit lower as I was using diode fix to get rid of that old noise from pump but I was getting same result when I removed diode and used it directly as before s well. RPM was back to 2200-2300 but temperatures were not changed at all.

As mentioned everything was working perfectly fine and just in couple days I've noticed rising temperatures more and more than usually and finally completely out of heat exchange as air over radiators were completely cold and CPU running at 98 degrees.

Archived