Corsair Community

AX1200 power cord question

maderas

Hey all. Just moved for the holidays and between three computers, a couple of the cords have gotten mixed up. :S

I just wanted to check - is the Linetek LS-13 the power cord that comes bundled with the AX1200? The plug which connects to the PSU itself says 15A/125V rating, but the cord itself has 300V printed on the side. The other two I have on hand are quite a bit lower rating so I'm almost positive this is the correct one for the 1200, but I want to make sure.

The cord says: --Linetek-- CSA LL90989 SJT 3/C 14AWG 105c 300V FT2 "LF"

As an aside, should I be concerned that the lights in my new computer room dim for a split second when turning this beast on? That's not the sort of fluctuation which could damage the PSU, is it? Had to ditch my portable air conditioner since it was knocking half the electronics in the house offline every time the compressor kicked in, so I'm a bit paranoid about the wiring here.

just checked the power cord on my AX1200 and it shows the 300V and the other numbers and letters you posted so thats the Corsair psu power cord. my lights in my office dim also when i push my power button and it's been over a year now with no issue. I just leave my lights off until I finished booting up and I also have a very large battery backup for mine too keep it fed with power.

Thanks for the reply, glad I had the right cord. Unfortunately I've noticed the lights in this room flicker slightly when my GPU is under load, so I don't think I'm comfortable having the computer hooked up. I'll have to figure something out I suppose. Damn electricians are expensive.

then you need too get a battery backup that can provide enough power for the AX1200. I use an APC XS1500 that will provide 863 watts, everyone says thats not enough but right now my computer is only using 257 watts and under full load while doing Folding with a 6 core i7 970 and 2 GTX 580 graphics cards my computer maxes at 667 watts so my battery backup is fine, during a power outage it runs my system for 20mins but the APC has software that i set too shut down the computer in 5mins during an outage if i am not home. but too find a battery backup that will provide a full 1200 watts will cost up $455.00 i paid $185.00 for mine.

Archived