Corsair Community

I am done with Corsair!

technoball

That's it!

I have had enough with Corsair and their faulty products.

Today I purchased a Corsair H100i cooler and guess what: It does not work!

The pump is running, but the fan controller is completely dead:

No light, no link (USB) connection and connected fans run at full speed always.

This is the 5th unit of a Corsair product which I have bought recently that came broken out of the box.

So here is what I have been through lately:

- Corsair H100 cooler: Pump was making grinding noise.

- 1st Replacement H100 cooler: Same fault, pump made grinding noise.

- 2nd replacement H100 cooler: Pump made grinding noise, fan controller completely dead.

- 3rd replacement H100 cooler: You probably guessed it already: Pump made grinding noise, fan controller did not change fan speed when pressing the button.

- Corsair H100i cooler: Completely dead fan controller.

So 5 out of 5 Corsair products I bought in the last 5 Months where malfunctioning out of the box.

And unfortunately I am by far not the only one having these issues.

The internet is full of reports about failing H100/H80 units.

I talked to two pc hardware dealers:

One told me that he had 30 Corsair units (out of about approx. 90 units sold) returned in the last 4 weeks (in one store alone!).

So every 3rd unit was returned. And I guess not even every customer with a faulty unit has returned it yet.

The other dealer told me he does not sell Corsair water coolers anymore because he had way to much returns with them.

I thought that Corsair had learned something from the H100 disaster.

Well, what a fool I was!

I am really regretting now that I gave Corsair yet another chance just to see the next unit fail.

I cannot say how frustrated I am with Corsair right now!

All the time spent installing the coolers and then seeing it fail after 5, 10 or 60 minutes is really such a waste of time and energy.

Not to mention the time wasted for driving back to the pc dealer to get replacements.

I wonder if Corsair is even able to build a working product anymore!?

Anyway, this was my last Corsair product ever!

I am not going to put my computer at risk with faulty coolers from Corsair and spending time and money on defect products.

sorry your having such a bad experience

Thank you for cheering me up!

i own several products from cases to power supplys to h80,h100,link commander and more without a single failure other than one fan.

I am glad for anyone which is saved from the amount of frustration that I have been through.

its hard to imagine so many bad components

Indeed! But belive me, it is even harder to experience it!

I mean right now I am sitting in front of the 5th (the 5ft!!!) faulty unit in a row!

Imagine that!

I cannot tell you how much I am pi*** off right now.

All the time needed to go to the dealer and buy the thing, unmount the old cooler, install the new H100i and now it was all just a complete waste of time!?

(unfortunatelly I have to remove the complete mobo each time I change the cooler).

And tommorrow I have to waste even more time going back to the dealer to return the unit.

But what really, really anyoes me the most is that fact, that Corsair has absolutelly nothing learned from all the problems with the H80/H100 units.

I mean is it really so hard to manufacture a product that actually works!?

I am working in the IT industry for about 20 years now and I have never ever seen so many broken units from a single manufacturer.

Corsair has claimed that just a few units have problems, but what are the odds that you get 5 faulty units in a row, if that is true?

I bought the 5 units from different dealers in differents months.

So it is very unlikely they are from the same batch.

Saying that I do belive that it is a problem with Corsairs quality in generall (at least lately).

And now the 5th unit is even a completely new model and it is still as crappy as the old model.

Anyway beeing angry does not change that, but what I have learned is that Corsair is really not trustworthy at all anymore.

And they are sure as hell not worth my money any longer.

i wasnt without my share of problems myself,i had several things go wrong like others had here,i even had a replacement LC sent to me and had to return it because the problem was on my end,not the product.you have to agree i would think that its hard to imagine so many repetitive problems to the same person

perhaps try to read this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113422

you have to agree i would think that its hard to imagine so many repetitive problems to the same person

There is nothing to belive here. It's not religion we are talking about, just some broken units.

perhaps try to read this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113422

Sorry, but after I have had another evening roined by a Corsair product, your suggestion to read this thread is just irretating and a little insulting.

You sound like it's my fault that Corsair delivers poor quality.

If your a Corsair fanboy thats fine.

But telling someone to not be too hard on Corsair after he has just been pi*** off by yet another faulty Corsair unit is a bad joke.

For gods sake it's not our job to fix their products.

Nor is it our job to excuse their faults.

We pay good money for their products.

So the least we can expect is a working product.

If you find it okay to sell malfunctioning products, so be it.

I don't think that way.

BTW:

In the thread you mentioned they are talking about driver problems.

This is not what I experienced.

I had units where the hardware was defective.

So Corsairs faults cannot be excused by the fact that their stuff can be used in many variing environments (software and hardware).

The units I had where just broken and should have never passed QC (By now I am not sure if Corsair even does QC anymore...).

I am working in the IT industry for about 20 years now and I have never ever seen so many broken units from a single manufacturer.

Corsair has claimed that just a few units have problems, but what are the odds that you get 5 faulty units in a row, if that is true?

I bought the 5 units from different dealers in differents months.

So it is very unlikely they are from the same batch.

Saying that I do belive that it is a problem with Corsairs quality in generall (at least lately).

So you baught 3 other h100's and a h100i after your first h100 broke.

Yeah. right. BS...

Why should this guy bs you? I've about to install my second H100i but I will wait to after the holidays for hopefully the new firmware. I've just uninstalled a new corsair psu so I don't have the energy to install hardware atm.

I love corsair products and have had alot of them over the years but it feels like they released the firmware and the product before thoroughly testing it. You shouldn't be a rocketscientist to be able to install a simple driver.

why,,,only he knows but having 5 in a row is very hard to fathom,no one sells a product that bad

theres much we dont know and if all were true for me,id be terrified even getting out of bed as id think i were the unluckiest guy in the world

what gets me tho,why wait 5 times before seeking help and then does not ask for help even then but only voices rage

even more so with 20 years IT industry yet doesnt think to check for a corsair board for help

something isnt right

sorry but thats just my opinion

I have to agree. I have had over 6 out of 14 of my Corsair item sent to me faulty. Corsair items have great build quality but there QC needs some looking at, it's beyond a joke now!

Long story...

H100 - needed replaced due to faulty radiator.

M60 - Sniper button rubbed off.

Headset 1500 - Bad sound and buzzing.

AF120 fans (I got three of them) - One just did not work, also 2nd fan only goes up to 800RPM and has been replaced.

800D case - CPU backplate was missing and right side of the case was bent.

All in all i'm also getting kinda pi*s with Corsair's QC and RMA. The takes a long time for this part of the world. nine times out of ten it takes so long for Corsair so i just take it back to the shop.

I am not done with Corsair yet, but I have had my share of faulty products too now. I got a H80 last week that was DOA, got the new H80i as replacement instead. It runs, but I can not get any life signs from the Corsair Link software. Just blinks Sierra2 not responding. Sad cause my COrsair HX620 powersupply is solid and I was on the verge of getting a AX1200i, but not unless they fix the CorsairLink.

Hi Again,

Well it seems some people just don't get the point:

The Units I had where defect in ways that cannot be fixed by any tips you can get on a discussion board.

They had *hardware* defects.

It hasn't been wrong drivers, a bad setting, wrong usage or something like that.

They were simply completely broken units!

When the Pump of a H100 starts making grinding noise you cannot fix that with any simple tip.

The Pump simply needs to be replaced by a working one.

Yes, yes, I know that lowering the voltage does help a little, but it is only masking the real problem: The H100s had defectives Pumps.

And for the price point of the H100s I do not think that operating it on half the pump speed it was supposed to run at is acceptable.

I mean there is something going terribly wrong if customers need to do workarounds for defects in a brand new product.

BTW: I did not come here to get help because obviously no one can help with those kind of defects.

Only Corsair could replace the broken units with working ones.

I merely got here to give Corsair some feedback (and I hope they are reading this here).

But it seems that Corsair can happily continue to deliver bad products, because a lot of people seem to just accept that.

And to all who don't believe what I said:

You can believe whatever you want, but don't complain when the Corsair crap is failing on you!

Which will probably happen very soon for even more people if Corsair continues to fail so badly on QC.

Anyway, if you like Corsair and have had luck so far with their products that's fine.

But don't tell all the people who had receive broken Corsair stuff that the quality problem is not real.

This is just arrogant and ignorant. Just because you have had luck doesn't mean that this is true for others too.

And btw: Numbers don't lie. Just go to your pc dealer and ask them about the number of returns for Corsair liquid coolers.

You will be surprised what you are hearing...

Archived