Corsair Community

GA-EP45T-UD3R not lsited

Chrisboh

Hi just wanted to know what memory I can use in my GA-EP45T-UD3R as this MOBO is not listed in the memory finder list ??

(I currantly have this memory installed 2 x 2 GB cm3x2g1333c9dhx)

I was looking at this set

Corsair 16G (4x4GB) Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 DDR3

any other suited memory would be great too

thanks

Chris

Unfortunately with that chipset you would not be able to use the Vengeance series modules.

They would be made of chips too dense for that MB.

I tried looking your board up too and I went off of the the closest model number and it only came up with a couple of results.The GA-EP45T vs the EP45 seems to be DDR2 orr DDR3 support. So i chose the closest "t" model available.

http://www.corsair.com/us/learn_n_explore/

Kind of puts you in a hard spot because they do not offer a matched 116 gig kit that would be compatible with that Mb and they do not officially support combinning kits. So if you choose to buy multiples to make the capacity your looking for may not work.

• Corsair Employees

Yes and it would have to be this version Highlighted in Bold:

.1 means 256MX8 so would be 2R for a 4G module

.2 means 512MX8 so Would be 1R for a 4G module

Example,

1.50V ver2.13 would be 2R for 4G module

1.50V ver2.21 would be 1R For 4G Module

You may have trouble finding these modules from major vendors unless you can find old stock somewhere.

Just to clear up what RAGUY was saying is that you need 4 gig modules made from 256x8 chips, double rank . Or double sided would be the same thing.

The newer denser chips would be 512x8chips single sided modules. And those are the ones you need to stay away from.

Archived