Corsair Community

Worth buying a H100i? Any problems like fan noise, pump, etc, still presents?

ViTosS

Hey guys, I'm gonna upgrade my current air cooler to one WC kit and I'm looking for the new Corsair H100i, but I heard a lot of problems starting with fan noise and pump grinding (something like that) but that have been solved with the newest firmware. Does that confirm? I want a silent WC and efficient, does the H100i make noise in quiet mode?

Thanks.

The pump does not grind, the fans rattle, and if you update the firmware then the fan controller makes the high pitched noise.

This is NOT on all of them, and if you have a bad one you can plug the fans into your mobo and let your mobo control the fan speeds and then it will be silent.

About the noise: the case fans on my cm storm scout are louder when I put the fans to the slowest settings, and this does not hurt performance at all.

I got the h80i and I do not get above 50 degrees celcius when running the fans at their slowest (i5 3570k, stock clockspeed)

I'd recommend a phAntecs or noctua aircooler if you don't want to use it the way it is not designed to be used.

The pump does not grind, the fans rattle, and if you update the firmware then the fan controller makes the high pitched noise.

This is NOT on all of them, and if you have a bad one you can plug the fans into your mobo and let your mobo control the fan speeds and then it will be silent.

About the noise: the case fans on my cm storm scout are louder when I put the fans to the slowest settings, and this does not hurt performance at all.

I got the h80i and I do not get above 50 degrees celcius when running the fans at their slowest (i5 3570k, stock clockspeed)

I'd recommend a phAntecs or noctua aircooler if you don't want to use it the way it is not designed to be used.

I actually have a Thermaltake Frio and the noise is very loud at maximum RPM both fans, I was thinking get the Water 2.0 Extreme but looks like the coolers are the same as mine in Frio, so I'm gonna buy the H100i.

So just to make it clear, the stock fans on H100i on lowest RPM are not loud? Don't know if I understand that right (my english isn't very good)

And the fans plugged directly to the mobo can have the RPM controlled via BIOS or something?

Thanks anyway! ;):

to be honest - ive had mine a month and its still not fixed - i would buy something else

just because your having problems doesnt mean he will.i have an h80 and a h100 both with LC and all is working fine so should i get rid of them because of your misfortune?

this is a trouble shoot board so problems are expected here

its unfortunate that you have issues but it isnt fair to customers nor corsair to try to get others to buy elsewhere

let them look at reviews from other retailers and they can decide themselves

So just to make it clear, the stock fans on H100i on lowest RPM are not loud? Don't know if I understand that right (my english isn't very good):

i have 15 --yes 15-- stock h100 fans in two of my computers,in quiet mode using corsair Link i can barely hear any noise

yes at top speed their loud but even at full load it stays cool with no need for top fan rpm.

and i sleep within 3 feet of these computers

i have 15 --yes 15-- stock h100 fans in two of my computers,in quiet mode using corsair Link i can barely hear any noise

yes at top speed their loud but even at full load it stays cool with no need for top fan rpm.

and i sleep within 3 feet of these computers

Good to know that, thank you for the info :biggrin:

just because your having problems doesnt mean he will.i have an h80 and a h100 both with LC and all is working fine so should i get rid of them because of your misfortune?

this is a trouble shoot board so problems are expected here

its unfortunate that you have issues but it isnt fair to customers nor corsair to try to get others to buy elsewhere

let them look at reviews from other retailers and they can decide themselves

The guy wanted to know if there are still problems and there are.

I'm sorry you dont like my opinion but as far as i know its not against the law to say what you think !

im very particular about noise,when i sleep i have to have total quiet as anything wakes me up.

i initially had one fan that made a intermittent rattle occasionally ,i requested a replacement and corsair send me two right out.

if you want to check reviews as stated its best to do that at other retailers for that.

The guy wanted to know if there are still problems and there are.

I'm sorry you dont like my opinion but as far as i know its not against the law to say what you think !

of course you have your right to an opinion as i do also,however your comparing problems on the board as a whole and its far from that.

never has anything been made with a 100% problem free ratio.

you didnt tell him there was still problems as he asked,you told hin not to buy one

you arent the only buyer yet you tell him not to buy,thats being biased not impartial.,

suppose you got yours working and were thrilled with it,would you change your mind?

could you?

you couldnt change the damage to your reply to him.,see what i mean?

again just an opinion

Archived