Corsair Community

Help Oveclocking CORSAIR Vengeance LP 32GB

apsoccermd

Hello,

I am trying to see if I can oveclock the CORSAIR Vengeance LP 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML32GX3M4A1600C10B, beyond the default 1600. The memory works like a charm, when loading Intel XMP 1.3 profile , 10-10-10-27 1.5v.

Could you suggest some setting options that could potentially take this memory into 1800-1866 and maybe even into 2000 territory? Or this module is pretty much capped at 1600?

My motherboard is ASRock Z77 OC Formula LGA 1155 Intel Z77 and CPU Intel Core i5-3570K.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pretty much all you can do is try, or look for overclocking guides on the net for your MB or CPU since it will be CPU related.

Other than that Corsair can only guarantee what the modules are rated for then thats a plus.

Could you suggest some setting options that could potentially take this memory into 1800-1866 and maybe even into 2000 territory? Or this module is pretty much capped at 1600?

You might get them to 1866mhz. It possible, but there is no way to tell how well ant set of memory will overclock.

Heck, there was a user who got over 1600mhz with a set of 1333mhz value select modules a few months back...so anything is possible.

It's just trial and error. Make sure you test out your new settings with memtest to be sure it's stable. If not make some adjustments and try again. But it may be a long process with lots of BIOS resets! :)

Archived