Corsair Community

H80i - What is the maximum pump speed?

Linkin

Issue: My H60 currently performs better than my H80i.

H60: 62c maximum ever, under IBT. 2500K @ 4.5Ghz 1.28-1.29v. 55C during normal operation (games etc)

H80I Hovers at 55-60C maximum, suddenly jumps to 65-75c or higher during IBT. Not yet tested normal operation

I've remounted the thing twice now and checked the paste which is fine.

My H60 always reported a max speed of around 4200RPM when plugged into a fan header and set the full speed in BIOS. H80i reports ~2100RPM in Corsair Link 2.

Question: Why is the H80i performing worse than a H60, and what is the actual pump speed of the H60 and H80i? There is no entry for this under so-called tech-specs.

Yes of course - I've re-mounted the thing completely twice. With AS5/Arcticlean and all.

The rad's mounted in the rear 120mm fan space in the C70, drawing air in from the back. Two fans in push pull. I have to fans in top exhaust, and two front intake. All GT1850's at max speed.

Had the H60 in the same configuration.

I'm using MX-4 on my H80i, just got it all set up yesterday. On my OC'ed 3670k @ 4.2GHz, running Prime95 for a little over 20 minutes, I got a max temp of 71c but it mostly hovered in the 68-69c range. I don't know if this TIM is 'recommended' for our coolers by the experts but I consider that pretty respectable (correct me if I'm wrong though).

Archived