Corsair Community

H70 - has my pump failed?

trale

Core-i7 860

Gigabyte motherboard

Corsair H70 cooler

Windows 7 64bit ultimate

Non-overclocked

I've installed the H70 for a year now, and my system has been running beutifully. Only recently did this problem start. I use Realtemp to show my CPU temperature at all times. On average, my idle temp is between 25-35C (depending on ambient temperature). On heavy loads it goes to maybe 60C

Every night, I put my computer to sleep (I almost never shut it down before going to bed). Recently, when I resume it the next day, I see the CPU temperature steadily climbing. Going past 50, 55, 60, 65, at which point I immediately shut down my system. (power off)

After turning on my PC again, I go into the BIOS to make sure the temperature appears normal, and if it is and then I load Windows normally. If not, then I turn of my computer again, and try again later.

I paid close attention to the fans on both side of the radiator, and they both are running fine when I re-start my system. So I suspect that the pump itself has stopped working; but what is strange if there was an issue with the pump, it is not a consistent issue. Sometimes I can load to windows just fine and temperatures are normal and I can do all my usual computing tasks.

Has this behavior been documented? Any suggestions? Is my H70 on its way to being completely dead?

Check the pump's RPM in the BIOS.

Where does this show in the BIOS?

Here's what I have, under "PC Health Status" section of BIOS:

Current CPU FAN Speed = 1541 RPM

Current System Fan Speed = 0 RPM (!!!)

Is that the culprit? the "Current System Fan Speed" ? What is weird is that even though this is showing 0RPM, I confirm both fans on either side of the radiator is spinning.

Where is the pump's power header connected to?

If its CPU_FAN it will be under CPU fan Speed

If its Chassias_FAN it will be under Chassis fan speed.

The pump power cable is connected to "SYS_FAN"

So I guess there is something wrong with the sys_fan header on my mobo, since it is showing 0rpm...

What should be the RPM of the pump?

Archived