Corsair Community

2GB for an A8V Deluxe mobo??

hmobius

Hi, I'm looking to build a new box around an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard and an Athlon64 3500 chip. Ideally I'd like to put 2GB of RAM in there with it, so any suggestions for a 2GB pack would be gratefully accepted. I have to say that I'm not overly worried about extra low latency as long as the RAM is there and works, so if there's a value select pack that would work fine, let me know about that too.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm looking to build a new box around an ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard and an Athlon64 3500 chip. Ideally I'd like to put 2GB of RAM in there with it, so any suggestions for a 2GB pack would be gratefully accepted. I have to say that I'm not overly worried about extra low latency as long as the RAM is there and works, so if there's a value select pack that would work fine, let me know about that too.

Cheers.

TwinX XMS 3200XLPro or just plain vanilla TwinX XMS 3200XL will work fine. You will be able to boot to 2-2-2-5 at 2T instead of 1T ;): Just set the memory speeds up manually in the bios.

Can't find a VS2GBkit400 on the product listings? Does it exist?

Looked at the TwinX2048-3200. the ratings for that are 3-3-3-8. Would it just be a case of adjusting the bios to those settings? Apologies but I've not built a computer \ delved into bios settings very much before.

Archived