Corsair Community

I had a little accident...CML16GX3MAX1600C7

AceGoober

Last night I knocked a beverage off of my desk onto the top of my computer. The contents went through the fan/radiator opening down onto RAM which got soaked pretty good. The system shut off as soon as the liquid hit the RAM so I would have to guess the RAM could have been damaged.

Before I try an isopropyl alcohol bath or take the RAM to a TV repair shop and have them run it through their electronics cleaner I thought I'd see if Corsair could do anything. I know this type of damage isn't covered under Corsair's warranty but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Thank you,

Steve

Yeah, unfortunately thats not covered under Corsairs warranty. It would be considered user damage.

I would also avoid an alcohol bath because that may destroy the thermal pads on the chips and cause the heat spreaders to come off or fail.

I would just let them dry out real good for a couple of days and wipe just the contacts off.

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest removing the MB and cleaning it thoroughly with Contact cleaner and compressed air, soak the components one the MB and let is soak for a few seconds then dry it with compressed air. And you can do the same steps to clean the memory. And repeat till there is no residue left on the MB or memory.

Archived