Corsair Community

ax1200 buzzing noise with system off

LucBuj

As soon as the PSU is on (with PC off) I hear a buzzing sound.

When the PC is on the buzzong 'seems' to go away, I say 'seems' because with all fans coming up I can't tell if the buzzing sound if gone or it is inaudible at this point.

When I shutdown the PC, I hear a louder buzzing sound that is declining to the point that I mentionned above. When I put my ears near the PSU I can hear the buzzing sound.

I've also tested the PSU in another system and the problem is still there. And the paper clip test did'nt work, (I don't know if I'm doing right. Maybe there is another special way do it with this PSU)

I've just bought this PSU a month ago, there was missing EPS cables, now that I finally received them, I test the PSU and there is this abnormal sound.

Very disappointing as this PSU is supposed to be one of the bests. I alos read that this is a problem that is recurring on other AX1200 PSUs. As I must pay for the return I just don't want to pay, received another bad PSU, repay again and again...

Can anyone tell me that this problem is resolved on last manufactured PSUs?

thanks in advance...

• Corsair Employees

The shipping is not an issue we will take care of that if we have just replaced it with in 30 days.

However, what you have described may be some other issue. Please see the sticky called "Noisy PSU" and try some of the settings Listed Namely EUP/ERP.

First: Just to mention you that I've tried the PSU in another PC (an old Pentium 4), and the buzzing was still there...

Second: This PSU was not replaced yet, I will contact the reseller to do it. But at first this PSU was missing two EPS cables, so Corsair sent them to me, and can you confirm me that there I was not supposed to have shipping charges for that? 'Cos I'm not responsable for missing cables!

Thanks in advance...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry as I do not personally deal with Parts but you can contact our customer service about the cables. However, we send out replacement cables on a daily basis for free so I would not why you were charged; but our customer service should be able to help you with that.

And an older P4 system would not be supported with any of the newer ATX 2.3 Spec PSU's, they will likely need an ATX 1.3 spec PSU. And I would suggest we try and replace the PSU but if you have the same issue it is likely some other cause.

Archived