Corsair Community

Corsair TX650-V2

james990

I purchased a Corsair TX650-V2 for my new build and found a few things about the PSU that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Whilst the system is running i hear a feint consistent buzzing noise coming from the PSU like the one in this vid:

I have also seen many comments on forums about this PSU's fan only spinning during start up, but never spins afterwards, regardless of load & temps and i fear i am in the same scenario.

I used an infrared thermometer to measure the heat inside the PSU. I heard that the latest V2 models CP-9020038-AU have a feature in which the fan doesn't spin until a certain load or temp is hit. So i thought i would play fair and run Furmark + Prime95 to get the most wattage out of my system. The temperature inside the PSU rose to 62 degrees celsius and yet there was no movement from the PSU fan.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on and what i should do?

Also, my system specs are viewable in my profile.

Thanks.

Edit: ehh for the sake of it i will add the system specs here.

VGA: ASUS GTX 670 DC2 || Maximum wattage at load 170 watts

CPU: i7 3770K (stock clocks) || Maximum wattage at load 59 watts

CPU cooler: Noctua NH d14

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB 16MHz

SSD: Samsung 830

PSU: Corsair TX650-V2

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi (3x140mm fans)

NVM guys, the fan spins. It just takes a long time on stress tests for it to appear that way for some reason :/

I still find it awkward that the PSU gets up to 62 degrees even with the fan spinning. But w/e i guess...

• Corsair Employees
Your system is lightly loaded so it may take longer for the PSU to heat up, but the fan works on both Temp and load , as long as your system is stable there is nothing to worry about. If the noise is so loud that you can hear it above all of the other fan noise when the system is closed up, I would suggest we go ahead and replace it. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the Case number

Your system is lightly loaded so it may take longer for the PSU to heat up, but the fan works on both Temp and load , as long as your system is stable there is nothing to worry about. If the noise is so loud that you can hear it above all of the other fan noise when the system is closed up, I would suggest we go ahead and replace it. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and let me know the Case number

Ok thanks RAM GUY, i will use the new computer i built for a few weeks and i will see how it goes :3.

Since the PSU has a 5 year warranty i don't currently think there is any emergency to RMA this.

Thanks RAM GUY, you're doing a good job on these forums.

Archived