Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT; Multiple Stick Post issues

E Double

Greetings Ram Guy,

I am having the same problem that BobXFett did (Forum post#112385 /Thread Post#1) with his two sticks of CMX512-3200 Ram. In fact, I have the identical versions (one v1.2, one v3.2) and hence am experiencing the same no post problems as did BobXFett. I have tried these sticks of ram on three separate boards; An Asus A7V600, an MSI K8T Neo FIS2-R, and an ASUS K8N-E Deluxe which I stupidly purchased after initially experiencing this problem in the MSI board, thinking it was an issue with the board and not the ram. I have also tried all number of bios settings, including those prescribed by you in your reply to BobXFett's post. No Dice. Anywho, after attempting unsuccessfully to contact anyone in your tech support dept via phone (I left two messages as per the instructions, the first over a week ago-I have yet to get any reply) I have decided to e-mail you, as well as post a copy of this as a new thread. Hopefully, one of these methods will prove fruitful. I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Cheers,

D Hill

I think you're describing the same problem I'm having. I just built a A64 system today and I can't use both my CMX512-3200C2PT sticks of ram at the same time. The system wont even post and I get an error code of 04. I can take one stick out, swap it back and forth with the other, and as long as I'm only using one stick of ram, the system runs fine. I'm having an extremely hard time determining if it's the mobo, ram, or possibly even the cpu (on die memory controller problem with running in dual channel mode?)

Now this is my first dual channel mobo (Abit AV8) and I'm not sure but should the system run if one stick of ram is put in dimm2? Because using one stick in dimm2 or dimm4 I get the same error code and no post. Basically the only way the system will run is if one stick of ram is used and it can only be in dimm1 or dimm3. (I understand for dual channel on this board would be using dimm1/2 at the same time or dimm 3/4 - but this yeilds a no post/error 04)

I don't care if I have to buy a new board or new memory, but I need to know for certain what I need before I buy something that I might not need.

Well I didn't wanna wait for RMA and was a little iffy about going with Corsair again after this but I ordered a 1GB matched set of TWINX1024-3200XL overnight delivery yesterday. I just got the ram this afternoon and the system now boots perfectly with dual sticks/dual channel without any hangs or error codes!

Now I'm still running the timings I was running on my old ram so could someone run down the list in the bios and tell what to set everything at with this ram? I'm still using the 2t command @ cas 2 but there's alot of other settings on this mobo (ABit AV8) then my last one.

Thanks! I'm even running the 1t command perfectly stable so far! I left SiSoft run through 361 memory cycles through the burn in wizard @ 1t and it didn't lockup at all! Games and everything are running fine....not a hiccup. I think I've regained my faith in Corsair products, lol... :)

Here's a screenshot of my SiSoft scores..

http://emig5m.homestead.com/files/memory-1t.png

Archived