Corsair Community

HC200EX discontinued???

Poisonsnak

I ordered one from ncix.com last week and just now they e-mailed back telling me it is no longer made. Say it isn't so!

Maybe it's just not available in Canada anymore?

mite try here

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=618893&CatId=499

Price: $321.99 CDN +shipping 364.68 to saskatoon airport

Manufactured by: Corsair

Mfg Part No: HC200EX-1001

Shipping Weight: 10.0 pounds

Limited Warranty:

24 months parts; 24 months labor

USA Links:

TigerDirect (USA): $229.99 USD

NewEgg: $205.00 USD

Model# HC200EX-1001

Item # N82E16835181001

Features:

1. Extracts up to 200W of heat from a PC CPU

2. Extremely Low noise

3. Included CPU Water block fits both P4 and K7

4. High efficiency water block and heat exchanger gives RSA rating of 0.13

5. Rugged high reliability 12V in line pump

6. Visual flow meter confirms water flow

7. Non-drip quick connect hoses allow system to be easily separated from PC with no leaks

8. Real time temperature display in both Centigrade an Fahrenheit

Last time I checked they didn't have the EX at newegg... odd... anyway, I think I'm gonna order one tonight :)

Wow, thanks guys I just ordered the one from tigerdirect.ca, man so many places like ramstore.ca and ncix.com told me Corsair doesn't make it anymore. Hopefully this isn't true! Well anyway I had better get mine since I already ordered the gpu/nb blocks from australia!

• Corsair Employee

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately the Hydrocool 200EX has reached its end of life. But Corsair remains very committed to the liquid cooling market, and we have new liquid cooling products coming soon that will supercede the Hydrocool 200EX. Due to the extremely long development and production cycles of our liquid cooling products we will have a short unplanned gap between the end of one product and the launch of its successor. Our apologies for the wait.

Corsair Marketing

• Corsair Employee
There is no date yet as to when another version would be out. We do have schedules to meet with the product, but as I have learned from past experience (GPU & NB) I will not post dates or news unless it is availible to purchase in a US store.

Very understandable. Thanks for the update!

For the current HC, is the warranty lifetime or limited? Will this conversion to a new model affect it at all, i.e. will EX parts be avail for awhile for warranty replacements, or would it follow the path of the mem, as in that if EX parts aren't avail it would be upgraded to the new model?

• Corsair Employee
The warranty for the Hydrocool and Hydrocool EX is for 24 months from the date of purchase. For the time being we are still replacing Hydrocool and Hydrocool EX with the same parts. We do have limited replacement parts available for any customer that has a defective unit. At this time we have no plans to replace defective HC 200 (EX) units with future products.

I'd guess then that a contingency plan is being worked on for the possibility that an EX is within the 24 month warranty, but the stock of replacement parts has run out?

Wired,

Not to worry, there are still some component parts inventory available if Corsair needs to dig deeper for parts. :greengrin

Stev

Archived