Corsair Community

Asus striker 2 extreme and CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

Chall04

Hello,

I was wondering if the ones posted in the topic are compatible.

They do not show up in the configurator :(

And I have read things that the DIMMs only support up to 2GB per DIMM.

The odd thing is that Asus only mentions that a total of 8GB is possible, it doesn't mention anything about a 2GB limit per DIMM.

Could anyone confirm if this will work or not?

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry I do not understand what you are asking, the memory frequency it will run at will be dependent on the CPU and Chipset and if you have an older chipset any current 4.0 Gig modules may not be compatible as I stated previously all current DDR3 production 4.0 Gig modules are single rank using 512M X 8 IC's and Nvidia chipsets will not support this density and any Intel Chipset older then P67 will also not support them.

I stated previously all current DDR3 production 4.0 Gig modules are single rank using 512M X 8 IC's will Nvida chipsets will not support and any Intel Chipset older then P67 will also not support them.

RG, sorry to ask this or challenge your statement...But the x58 chipset can use those 4 gig modules just fine. I have them in my system. And any of the trriple channel kits offered now are fine with X58 chipset? 3x4gig kits 6x4gig kits? I have even seen users report that 8 gig modules work in their x 58 systems as well, even though I know they are not supposed to...

I do agree they (the 4.0gig modules) would not work on an older socket 775 MB though :biggrin:

I thought it was just 8 gig modules that needed to be P67 and up?

Archived