Corsair Community

H100i i7-2600k temps

Knuck3ls

I'm concerned with the temps I am getting on my processor with my new h100i. I'm running a Sabertooth Z77 with i7-2600k OC to 4.2ghz @ 1.24~ vcore. Radiator top mounted with fans as exhaust and a corsair high performance 120mm fan as an intake behind the heat sink. TIM replaced with artic silver 5.

I have fan profile set to performance, pump is reading 2000rpm and no grinding noise, fan noise, etc.... And firmware has been upgraded.

My hyper 212 with a 4.5ghz overclock wouldn't pass 70c during prime 95, h100i is passing 85c after 10 minutes.

I'm pretty confident in my heat sink mounting and TIM application but I guess I could attempt it again if someone thinks thats why i am getting these horrible temps. As it is right now I'm just upset I even bought this to replace a $40 air cooler that outperforms a $120 CL cooler.

I will double check the exact RPMs of pump when I get home, I was going from memory and I was fairly certain it was at about 2000....so the unit is capable of good temps, that was my biggest concern, but I thank you much for that screen makes me feel better about the unit, I just need a working one or need to check my seating.

Are you running stock fans? Exhaust? Push pull or anything else special?

I will double check the exact RPMs of pump when I get home, I was going from memory and I was fairly certain it was at about 2000....so the unit is capable of good temps, that was my biggest concern, but I thank you much for that screen makes me feel better about the unit, I just need a working one or need to check my seating.

Are you running stock fans? Exhaust? Push pull or anything else special?

2 x SP 120 HP (2350RPM), the stock fans will perform better (2700RPM) but obviously at the cost of destroying your ears..

These hydro pumps run anywhere between 1950 and 2250, so you're well within spec, Mines showing 2150 atm. I've seen an i7 (2550K I think) maxing @ 56-60C under stress on a H80i. I'm suspecting the block hasn't seated right. When you take it off check it's not hitting any capacitors round the socket ;)

Okso my temps are definitely suspect per what you guys are reporting. I will try reseating again. Do you guys have a preferred method of TIM application? Spread yourself or pea sized amount, seat and twist left and right a little and secure?

I've also read some complaints from people about the heat sink appearing to not completely seat flush, but I believe that was with h100, has any reported anything like that with the "I" version?

Just wanted to post update:

I made a pretty stupid mistake, kind of embarrassed to even say what it was, but just in case anyone else has the issue.... I didn't put the back plate on correctly and the heatsink wasn't tightening down flush. Sigh.

So, i7-2600k: 4.4GHz @ 1.256 V

Highest temp so far, 60c.

Love Corsair all over again, just wish I wasn't an idiot sometimes! Cheers guys, thanks again!

As it is right now I'm just upset I even bought this to replace a $40 air cooler that outperforms a $120 CL cooler.

yup betcha wanna retract this statement,but dont fret it,we all get excited and lose sight of the obvious.,youll see how well itll perform for you.

I didn't put the back plate on correctly and the heatsink wasn't tightening down flush.

Even professionals make that very same mistake, so don't sweat.

Love Corsair all over again

Welcome to the cool side. Glad to see your situation resolved ;)::biggrin::biggrin:

Archived