Corsair Community

My RMA concerns

Hello there, the Pod/DSP of my Corsair SP2500 has become faulty (The power button has fallen through)

So I started an RMA numbered ; 5294200

However I've been communicating via the ticket ; 5306478 (As I can't seen to reply in my RMA case in the messages section)

Short story ; Rang up a few days to arrange my advanced RMA, I can see the funds on hold, however I didn't get any confirmation E-mail, I sent another message via 5306478 about my concerns, but thus far haven't had a response in regards to my problem.

So, I'm not sure if my advanced RMA has actually been set up correctly (In that, I'm not sure that the DSP/Pod has actually been despatched to me)

Also, if you're going to ask that customers go direct, wouldn't it be better to ensure they don't pay postage costs, as I fear even for this DSP/Pod they're going to be disproportionally more expensive than it would be to send RMSD in the UK (As I would get my postage refunded via the E-tailer, had you not requested that I go direct via your red card notification included within your products) or at least have a UK office? Seems a little illogical.

Also don't understand why you can't go an exchange over the door on the advanced RMA (It'd make more sense)

Although this thread may be better off in warranty questions.

Cheers.

EDIT : Now I feel silly, just got a shipping E-mail :p

I've been reading through the forum and I'm slightly concerned that I'm going to get hit with custom charges? Also, is it true that you reimburse the postage back to yourselves (When I return my broken Pod)

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but there is not a lot I can do from Tech support. I have sent a message to our customer service for you and asked them to check into this and contact you ASAP. But if you do not hear from them in the next 24 Hours I would suggest you call them by phone. The number is listed under contact on the main site.

I am sorry but there is not a lot I can do from Tech support. I have sent a message to our customer service for you and asked them to check into this and contact you ASAP. But if you do not hear from them in the next 24 Hours I would suggest you call them by phone. The number is listed under contact on the main site.

I got the E-mail a few hours after I posted the message hence the edit, but it's no worries.

Now just a few questions really, does Corsair reimburse the postage when I send the DSP back?

Cheers.

I am sorry but no we do not have a way to reimburse you for shipping. I would suggest calling our customer service and work that out with them before you send the item.

That's a little bit of a shame, like I say, and I'm sure you can understand, to request the end user to go direct while lacking postage reimbursement or even an office in their country seems a little illogical.

If I RMA'ed to a retailer (But as your red slip says, you want it back to yourselves) while it'd taken a little longer (Depending on E-tailer) at least I don't have any postage fees.

How much would it even cost me to the send the Pod back to yourselves?

EDIT : Actually just looked at the red slip, it actually states to not go to the shop/retailer.

"Stop, don't return this product to the store"

Like I say, I just find it a little iffy, to tell someone to do something without giving them the ability of not paying postage fees.

My new DSP came a few hours ago, I've just gotten back from sending out my broken DSP.

11.25 Pounds Sterling it came to with tracking.

Diabolical.

In the UK that package would have cost me around 2.50 Pounds Sterling tracked and I'd get it reimbursed.

Not impressed in the slightest, imagine if I had to send off the whole speaker set?

If you're going to point blank (With a red notice) tell people NOT to go to the reseller, then you'd best offer postage reimbursement.

Can you at least give your opinion on Corsairs stance?

I mean seriously, I honestly don't understand why you tell them not go to the reseller and expect them to pay shipping fees which amount to a fair bit more than they'd pay (Well, infinitely more) than going to the reseller?

Although I don't think I should have to start chasing up CS to try and barter for a postage reimbursement, think it should just be given as standard practice (Given the direct approach with RMA's)

And don't say sorry again :p:

I'm not that peeved, it's just I don't understand the stance in the slightest, and would rather have not had to spend money on an in-warranty product. If it had been my speakers, I'd have gone to Ebuyer (In the UK, you're never expected to go to the manufacturer, I could use Ebuyer as a middle man) however since this was just a DSP, it'd have been illogical to go to Ebuyer (As that would require them taking the full speaker set, while free would have left me with just my headset)

• Corsair Employees

Martini1991

I am really sorry but if you would have just called them by phone in the beginning all of this could have been avoided. I know it is hard for you because of the time difference but there is always a way.

And I am again sorry but there is not much I can do from Tech support I will send them another message but you should really make and effort to contact them by phone if at all possible.

And I do not set policy so there is not much I can say about the policy in place but I know for a fact we will try to work with everyone on any issue and do our best to resolve it.

Martini1991

I am really sorry but if you would have just called them by phone in the beginning all of this could have been avoided. I know it is hard for you because of the time difference but there is always a way.

And I am again sorry but there is not much I can do from Tech support I will send them another message but you should really make and effort to contact them by phone if at all possible.

And I do not set policy so there is not much I can say about the policy in place but I know for a fact we will try to work with everyone on any issue and do our best to resolve it.

I can live without the postage reimbursement, I'm not going to go chasing it up.

Just wanted an honest opinion on what you think of the policy.

At any rate, I know that you'll have some note of my debit details, if I end up with a reimbursement cool, if I don't, that's cool too.

EDIT : I'm not saying you don't try your best etc, but if CS does act against policy is a customer kicks up a fuss, wouldn't it just make more sense to alter the policy to one that reimburses as standard?

• 2 weeks later...
I am not the one who makes that call but I have asked our customer service to contact you and I am sure they will do their best to try and help...

CS didn't actually get in touch with me.

Like I say, not going to chase it up, if I find an extra 11.25 in my bank, I do, if I don't, I don't.

Just thought I'd update.

Although, I'm aware Corsair have the DSP and the RMA's all complete, so I'm happy about that.

Archived