Corsair Community

H80i High pitched noise

FilthyDragon

I recieved and installed my H80i today and after installing the firmware update for the rattling fans issue my h80i is making a very annoying high pitched noise.

After a bit of testing i found out that it happens:

1. Immediately after I alter the fan settings in corsair link.

2. After some time has passed by without starting up corsair link.

Is there a fix (firmware) for this?

The noise is really annoying, as well as the fact that I paid a lot of money for a product that doesn't work as it should.

• Corsair Employees
FilthyDragon - You can always take it back to your reseller and have it exchange if you are within their return policy. Not all units are affected. In an event that you are seeing this issue after the FW update, it's either get it swap out or hang on to until we officially release the solution.

We've all got to wait. Obviously the next update is going to be thoroughly tested, I'm sure you wouldn't want it any other way.

yes i would agree ,with all the updates corsair has put out trying to appease everyone,im sure they want this to be well tested before releasing it.

FilthyDragon - You can always take it back to your reseller and have it exchange if you are within their return policy. Not all units are affected. In an event that you are seeing this issue after the FW update, it's either get it swap out or hang on to until we officially release the solution.

Can we have info on the new FW update?

ETA?

Archived