Corsair Community

H100i y-splitter issue.

beaumois

Hi everybody !

I received yesterday a new H100i. ( Last firmware )

I put it in my obsidian 650D case.

With Carsair Link, i can monitor and adjust the fan speed of the 2 build in fans-> No problem.

But, when i connect the second Y-spltter fan cable to other fan ( fan included in my obsidian 650d 200mm and 120mm ) I can't monitor any more the fan speed.

I think that if i connect the second Y-splitter cable whith no fans connected, same issue, i can't monitor anything in Corsairlink ( i will check )

Someone know if we H100i support only same fans as provided in H100 package ?

-> Juste for information, I have also like many people an high-pitched noise <-

regards

Sorry, i don't speak english very well -> i come from france.

Hi Toasted !

Thank you for your answer,

When I connect only the two fans included in the package with the first Y-splitter, i can monitor and control the RPM -> All system OK

If I connect two other fan ( included in My obsidian 650D ) with the second Y-spliter in order to use 4 fans , I can't see RPM for ALL fans and I can't control it.

If a second y-splitter fan connector is provided in the package, i think we can use it to add two more fans.

It's strange that using this second y-splitter brings an issue with the first fans how worked very well five minutes ago.

Perhaps, you are right, we can imagine the controller is only compatible with fans provided in the package.

I think i found an aswer from Corsair that they are working on a firmware to improve compatibility with other fans ( and resolve high pitch noise ).

Regards

Hi everybody,

After several check,

I discovered that i need to move Corlair link USB motherboard connexion to view new fans connected on Y-splitter.

H100i with2 builtin fans -> Corsair link monitoring and managing ok

|

shutdown PC

|

Adding second y-splitter with 2 more fans

|

Starting PC

|

No data monitoring, cannot manage anything

|

Shutdown PC

|

Move internal Corlair link USB to another USB internal motherboard connector

|

Starting PC

|

H100i with2 builtin fans and 2 another case fans -> Corsair link monitoring and managing ok

i don't know if another people found the same issue

---> now just waiting next firmware

Regards

Hi everybody,

Yes, All fans are detected in the Corsair Link Dashboard.

First information: H100i controller can manage 200mm and 120mm fans provided in obsidian 650D

Second information: Corsair Link USB connexion must detect fans the first time when booting, if we add fans, they are not detected, when whe change USB port on motherboard, Corsair link must detect again hardware and discover other fans.

Regards

That won't work toasted. Sorry about my absence from this topic. You have to make the pump unit reset/reboot for it to detect newly attached fans. Just plugging them in or swapping the usb header will not make this happen - the unit detects the fans on a fresh boot (when the fans spin right up for a few seconds then back to preset)

Archived