Corsair Community

H80 Power issues?

KinAndTonic

I recently purchased a H80 cooling unit from NewEgg. I followed all instructions. Installed fans on either side of radiator, back plate of cpu, installed cooling unit, plugged in power and MB fan header. The CPU was being cooled, at least somewhat, as I used my computer for a couple of days with load temps not going above 75c, but the fans were not spinning at all and there was no lights on the actual cooling unit. After a lot of troubleshooting, I figured it was just a defective unit. I did an RMA with NewEgg and received a new H80 today. To my incredible frustration, I'm having the exact same issue.

I've tried a few different power connections, ones that are powering other parts of my PC, but it hasn't helped. I seriously have no clue what the problem is. Any thoughts?

Ok, quick update: I made a little tweak. I had the fan cord from the CPU unit plugged into a 3pin fan header on the MB. I changed it to the 4pin header specified as "CPU fan". One of the h80 fans started spinning for 15 seconds or so, then cut off. Still no lights on the h80 cooler. So it seems power is getting to the unit. So confused.

Ok. So now I've figured out that I have two working fans. One from the original H80 and one from the new one. They run when plugged directly into the MB. But, still no lights on the cooling unit. If anyone has any thoughts, I'm all ears. This has been an incredibly frustrating process.

Archived