Corsair Community

Corsair Neutron GTX 120 GB BSOD

R3SISTOR

Hi there, I'll just post my system specs first then try to describe the problem I'm having.

-Intel Core i7 2600k (stock speeds/default settings, turbo boost enabled)

-MSI P67a-GD55 B3 stepping [bIOS v1.9 (date: 03, 02, 2011)]

-Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM

-MSI GTX 570 (stock/default speeds) [nVidia driver 310.61]

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) SP1

-Corsair Neutron GTX 120 GB

-Western Digital Black 7200RPM 640 GB HDD

-1920×1080 Resolution BENQ monitor

I recently just received my Neutron GTX 120GB in the mail, and I was very excited to get it all installed and ready to go. I installed the drive, plugged it in with a brand new SATA III cable into the SATA III Port 0 on my motherboard, I booted up the computer and switched the from IDE to AHCI mode in the BIOS, enabled HOT PLUG on port 0 and then continued to install Windows 7 with my USB thumb drive. The installation was quick and responsive, everything was going as usual. I got into Windows after everything was finished and installed my integrated LAN, video and a few other drivers as well as some logitech mouse software. Again, everything was working just fine, I was blown away by the speed of the SSD.

I didn't have time to install and get everything set up exactly as I like, I had to leave for a weekend trip. I have just returned from my weekend and I sat down at my PC to boot it up and continue to set it up to my liking in Windows when I noticed that it was acting very sluggish and not at all like before. It wasn't long after I noticed the sluggish performance that programs in windows started to fail and crash and then it just went straight to a BSOD and a memory dump followed by a restart of the computer. I went back into the BIOS after the crash and looked through all of the settings, everything was as it should be, so I just continued to boot into Windows, was able to use Windows for a few minutes when the sluggish performance kicked in again and then it was followed by another BSOD and memory dump.

I'm really confused about this, why would it work just fine on Friday, I go away for two days on the weekend when the computer has not been used, it was powered off the whole time, and then it starts to BSOD when I try to use it.

Right now I'm using the exact same computer, I have unplugged my new SSD and plugged in my older WD HDD into the same SATA 0 port with the same cable, I even tried changing the port and cable with the SSD and it still gave me the same BSOD and problems.

Has anyone had this problem with the new Neutron SSD lineup? What are my options, should I try formatting with Windows again? Could it really just be a defective unit? Any help is or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

What was the BSOD error code?

Run a ATTO benchmark of the SSD and post a screenshot.

The BSOD is some kind of memory dump and it only flashes for a second and then restarts, it is far too fast to write down the error. I can try to run ATTO while I have the SSD plugged into the computer as a regular storage volume, but I don't have time right now. Is there any way to bring this issue to Ramguy?

What was the BSOD error code?

Run a ATTO benchmark of the SSD and post a screenshot.

http://cdn.overclock.net/8/88/8834a5c4_CrystalDiskandATTO.png

I have updated my BIOS, and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 64. I have made sure that AHCI is turned on in the BIOS and I have installed the Intel Chipset drivers and Intel RST. Everything seems to be working for now... does this screenshot help? are there any anomalies?

Archived