Corsair Community

Voyager GT 32GB USB3 Not Recognise with Win8 Pro!!!

buckchico

Hi,

I purchased a Voyager GT 32GB USB3 device 3 days ago and everything was OK until this morning. Now my laptop Asus N56VZ will not recognise it!! The error is..

USB Device Not Recognized

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it.

All other USB devices I connect work without any problems.

In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controller shows...

Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26

Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D

Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0100(Microsoft)

All the latest drivers and BIOS are installed.

My Desktop is running Win7 with USB2 ports. I connected the Voyager GT and it recognise it no problem!!!

I've also got an 1TB external HDD with USB3 enclosure and that works perfect when connected to my laptop.

I'm wondering is this just a Corsair issue?

Any help to fix this issue with my laptop would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am sorry but this is a driver issue for Windows 8 at least all of testing is pointing in that direction and the correct persons have been notified is all I can tell you. In fact I had the same type of issue in Windows 8 on one of my test systems with the Gigabyte USB 2.0 Ports that would not detect until the AMD chipset driver was installed for Windows 8.

You can speak with the reseller and see if they will let you return the drive but doing another RMA will likely not solve the issue.

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111945

Not sure why it recognizes other USB3.0 devices and not the Corsair USB. It could be something missing in the default Windows driver.

Hey Toasted, thanks for your reply but what should I do to resolve the prob. I'm waiting in anticipation for your solutions to "It could be... " I also like to say, I really feel let down with this product and whats worse is there not cheep to purchase either.

• Corsair Employees
Have you spoke to the MB manufacturer and asked if they have a Driver for Windows 8? In almost every case so far it has been a driver issue. assuming that the drive works in a Windows 7 system. In every case but two and one was bad port on his case and one was a failing drive.

He guys just to update ye.

I got onto ASUS Technical Support Team and explained exactly what I posted here and this is what they e-mailed me today.....

We regret that your issue can only resolved by our repair centre , please could you complete the online RMA form to book for a collection/repair.

No troubling shooting with them so I assume it a hardware issue?

No prob I'll keep ye informed.

The Laptop is not even a month old so this is a bit of a bummer. Going to wait till the New Year to send it off for repair, no point over the holidays. Thanks for ye're help and have a Happy X-Mass and New Year :biggrin:

• 2 months later...

Finally received my laptop back from Asus repair center. They replaced the motherboard.

When I connecting my Voyager GT 32GB same issue "USB Device Not Recognized" but my external HDD with USB3 is now being recognised!!! so have I a faulty Voyager?

Any advise.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite P870 that has four USB3 ports and won't recognise my 64GB Voyager USB3 when I plug it in directly. However when I attach it to a USB3 hub, it works like a dream.

Comments and suggestions from anyone? Could this be a physical issue?

At least I have a way to get around the problem.

• 1 month later...

Same issue as original poster, adding details as requested by Toasted:

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\23012008550000050080 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: null

Class GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Service:

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x2B

Controller: Intel ® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (0100) Microsoft

I've checked for additional drivers and found nothing for this. Intel themselves say on their site when you look for a driver that there are none available and this is included natively in Windows 8.

Tried it twice now, and each time it "bricks" the device - disabling both the USB and the touchscreen, so you have to repair windows and "Refresh your PC".

It is at the stage of the second restart to "Disable driver signature enforcement" that we hit issues.

Device = Acer W700, Windows 8 64-bit Enterprise

Yes, although the device (Acer W700) in question only has a single USB3 port, no USB2. If I connect a USB2 hub to the device, then put the stick in, it is fine.

I have also tested the stick on a variety of other computers, including Windows 7 32 bit on USB2, Windows 7 64 bit on both USB2 and USB3 without any problems.

The Acer is already running the latest BIOS and I've updated the drivers to the latest on Acer's support site.

Archived