Corsair Community

TX750-2nd in a month-Same Noise Problems

cormegaman

I am currently on my second TX750 in the past 30 days. The first one I ordered made this super fast paced click sound at idle and during gaming/web browsing. I noticed the fan would rock back and forth like it was trying to turn on. During a game, the noise was very loud. I rolled up a piece of paper and tapped the fan blade. It started right up and the noise completely stopped. After rebooting, the noise came back and the fan just rocked. The tapping of the fan blade didn't work again.

Anyway, I sent it in for a RMA and I recieved a new TX750 the other day and I am experiencing the same exact problem. With the case fully closed, it is definitely audible over all other components. The only sound I can compare it to is from a sound clip I have to give credit to fazle321 for posting. The noise mine makes is the one found at the 21 second mark, only it is a much faster clicking noise and it lasts for quite awhile. Here is the link to Fazle321's sound clip: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4429645/2.mp3

I tried the power saving settings as well as the graphics driver settings found in the stickies but the noise still persists.

Is there perhaps a bad batch of TX750s floating around or is what I am experiencing normal? If it is a bad batch, is there anyway I can RMA this PSU for one comparable in price (different model)? I would also hate to have to RMA this PSU again because I just had to pay to send one back this week.

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• Corsair Employee
Sorry to hear that. It would be best to get the unit replaced via our RMA process. Please use the link on the left and submit the request, once you have the RMA #, post it here and I'll make sure that you'll be taken care of.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ram Guy,

I want to if you can help me out one more time...........I dropped my TX750 at a UPS store almost three weeks ago, December 15th to be exact. Does your RMA department email customers when they receive the defective units or do they send tracking numbers when they send out the replacement units? I am curious to know because it has been almost three weeks and I have no idea whether you guys received my defective PSU or if UPS will be dropping one on my door step soon. I guess I am just looking to see where we are at in the process.

Thanks again!

No, they wont email you when the defective one is recieved, however they should have sent you an email with a tracking number when the new PSU was sent out. I would suggest calling CS and ask them about this. They would be able to find your tracking number for you .

Quite a few users have reported that their new PSu was delivered before they received a tracking number and or the Corsair support system updated. I'm sure all is good.

Just to be sure check your junk/spam folder. They sometimes end up there.

Archived