Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 drivers won't install. (Just came in from RMA)

lakk

I recently RMA'ed my Corsair CA-HS1 to receive the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Upon installing the Vengeance 1500 v1.1 driver I uninstalled the previous driver, restarted computer, installed the driver and finally restarted for the last time. I am on Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

When the computer restarted I went to device manager and it said the driver was not digitally signed, so I went on google and checked how to turn off digitally signatures for drivers, and so I did.

I then restarted my computer and uninstalled the v1.1 driver. Then I reinstalled it and restarted the computer again. Same thing, device is not digitally signed.

So now the only workaround that seems to get the device functioning is:

1. Device Manager > Uninstall Vengeance 1500

2. Plug Vengeance 1500 into USB slot

3. You'll now see the installation process at the bottom right with the green spinning circle

4. I opened the installation process and said to skip obtaining drivers

5. Now on device manager the (!) is gone and everything is working (not to the degree I want)

The volume is extremely loud, I have to set my computer to 2% the bare minimum and YouTube videos are watched at 40% volume.

I went to the Speaker properties for the Corsair Vengeance 1500, and on enhancements enabled Bass Boost and Virtual Sound. For Levels, Speakers is at 1 (I need this to be lower if possible. If I was to compare this, it is similar to me using earbuds with speaker volume at 56%)

No idea what Line and Microphone is for and what it means. They are both at 7. I changed these to 100, while going to Recording devices for the Corsair Vengeance and set level at 100, there is no affect from the Playback devices for Line and Microphone. So I don't know what Line and Microphone is for under Playback devices for the headset.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can install the actual v1.1 drivers to use the functions such as 7.1 surround sound, which makes the volume go down and other settings, that would be great.

Archived