Corsair Community

H100i Corsairlink Questions

Kamy

Hi,

I've got my H100i installed, flashed (and whining) and it is working okay so far as I can tell (besides the high pitched whine). But I have a couple questions concerning the CorsairLink software.

1. Why is there no CPU (Actually an APU) temp showing? Well it is showing, but it is showing -1C :bigeyes: (see image below)

2. I only have one hard drive in the system, the software reports 29C. Where is it pulling that temp from?

3. is there a manual for the Corsairlink software where I may find answers to this kind of stuff for my self?

Thanks,

Karl

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/KKamysek/CPUTemp.png

I also noted that when I changed the USB header the H100i was originally plugged in to, I lost all sensor readings from the H100i. Changing it back to the original USB header it was plugged into fixed that problem, but it still does not display the APU temp correctly. BTW, My Asus software suite does report my APU to be running at 30C at idle. I haven't stressed the system yet.

Latest BIOS and drivers?

The CPU temp issue could be the dashboard unable to read the temp. Close any temperature monitoring program and see if it fixes by it self. Or it could also be a settings in the BIOS.

2. The HD temperature is pulled from the S.M.A.R.T. values which is then converted into Celsius or Fahrenheit.

3. Unfortunately, There is no manual or documentation for the dashboard.

Thanks Toasted,

Yes, I am using the latest bios and drivers for my mobo, usb, lan, yadda yadda yadda. Asus AI suite (what I'm using to see the temp) doesn't load on startup so I closed it checked, still -1C. Rebooted to make sure AI was not resident and same result, corsairlink reports -1C. I also checked the bios and cpu temp monitoring is enabled. Thanks for the other answers as well :)

Ram Guy,

I tried using the restart button as well, but can't see that has any affect at all. It doesn't seem to do anything, as far as I can tell, no indication at all that the service has shutdown and restarted. The button does "depress" but no indication otherwise that anything happened.

Weird huh!

• Corsair Employees
Not really I have seen this happen on a few ASUS MB's in fact I have one at home that does the same thing. And ASUS is one of the few MB manufacturers that actually writes their own BIOS so I know they dont always follow the standard with this. But it may be resolved in the future with a newer MB BIOS and or with a newer Version of our software.

In the Corsir Link software i try to adjust my H100i fan speed with the Fix RPM setting to 800 RPM, but it still read as 1700 no matter how low i put my RPM speed it always read at 1700 and the fan is pretty loud, so i know the fan is running pretty high speed. please help!

Not really I have seen this happen on a few ASUS MB's in fact I have one at home that does the same thing. And ASUS is one of the few MB manufacturers that actually writes their own BIOS so I know they dont always follow the standard with this. But it may be resolved in the future with a newer MB BIOS and or with a newer Version of our software.

ASUS' AI Suite software successfully identifies the temperature of the APU, should be a simple matter to figure out how they are doing it :) Wonder if anyone else out there is having similar -1C readings on an ASUS mobo?

• Corsair Employees

Yes as I stated we are aware of it and working on a solution. In fact on my system it will work fine with a 965 CPU but with an 1100T it displays this symptom so it is not the software or the MB per say; it is some compatibility between certain combinations of hardware. Who's to blame is not the issue. That would not help get the issue resolved trying to point the finger let's say.

And all I can tell you ATM is that we are working on a solution.:cool:

Sorry Ram Guy, didn't mean to come off like I was "pointing a finger" :)

As far as the ASUS bios goes, it is the coolest easiest bios I have ever seen, so if they strayed from some "standards" to make it so, well that works for me, (if not for all the hardware in my case right now)

I suppose it could be related to any other number of things as well (It's an integrated GPU/CPU, maybe that has something to do with it?) I'm sure it'll be fixed at some point :)

• Corsair Employees
Sorry Ram Guy, didn't mean to come off like I was "pointing a finger" :)

It's all good. This FW/SW issue right now has created a set back for us but I can guarantee you that we are going to provide a solid solution soon to get this matter resolve once and for all.

Archived