Corsair Community

AMD A10 Trinity CPU + Asus F2A85-V Pro + Dominator Platinum?

Croydonia

Is the Dominator Platinum series compatible with the AMD A10 5700 Trinity CPU and Asus F2A85-V Pro motherboard? From what I can see from the Corsair spec's for this RAM they appear to be but are not listed in the Asus qualified vendors list.

In particular I'm looking for 16Gb (2x8Gb) Dominator Platinum RAM, if possible, otherwise a recommendation of similar Corsair memory would be helpful. Thank you.

Asus F2A85-V Pro motherbopard spec:-

• 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2250(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
  • Dual Channel Memory Architecture

AMD A10 5700 Trinity CPU

• supports 1866mhz natively.

This is a tough answer, the board does not appear on the memory finder here ,and ASUS's site does not list voltage requirements for memory ,just capacity and speed.

I also can not find memory voltage requirements for the CPU either. It may be best to call AMD first and find out that information first so you do not end up with a wrong answer or worse damaged components.

Cheers, peanut. The Asus motherboard has features called MEMOK! and DIGI+ which allows the user to adjust the DRAM volatages via the bios; something along the lines of 1.4375V to 1.65V. BIOS pic here

I would presume that the Asus motherboard would offer DRAM adjustments within the prescribed limit of an AMD APU?

I would presume that the Asus motherboard would offer DRAM adjustments within the prescribed limit of an AMD APU?

Yes and NO,I had already looked up your board before i answered you! :) It will, but that allows for users to overclock their systems. and does not reflect what the CPU actually calls for. You need to find out from AMD what voltatge memory is required for that CPU.

If you look at similar Intel boards they offer the same sort of range of adjustments, but the CPU's for those boards require 1.5v memory and Intel is pretty adament about that because setting memory to 1.65v on those systems could potentially damage the memory controller within the CPU.

The same would apply to the AMD CPU you are looking at . So it's pretty critical you match memory to the CPU first .

Ugg! I don't think they understood what I didn't understand myself ... :bigeyes:

They told me to see the manual (or QVL from their web site in my case) as the voltages for each memory module are listed. The voltages listed in the QVL vary and range from 1.35V to 1.75V. The 1866Mhz memory modules range from 1.5V to 1.65V ...

I'm none the wiser but thanks for listening in, peanutz.

Ah! .... I can see from your exasperated comment that I should have called AMD. I wrote down, "Call Asus" from some reason and spoke to their 8p a min. "tech" folk - I say spoke too but in all honesty I don't think they understood what the hell I was going on about (thought I could wing it). Clearly I feel a bit of a lemon now as I'm trying to get information out of them that relates to the CPU. I will try AMD next ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running a pair of CMD16GX3M2A1866C10 Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866 for 72 hours solid without a hiccup. I've yet to set the DRAM timings manually in the BIOS; it's currently set on auto and the DRAM maximum bandwidth is showing as 1333Mhz instead of 1866Mhz.

I'll have a tinker about later this week and get the timings sorted. Meanwhile ... Whhhhhiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply, chaps.

hello everybody, I have a problem with a similar hardware, so I think I can use this thread without create a new one.

I bought the Vengeance 32GB Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10R), with AMD A10 5800K, ASUS F2A85-M PRO (the same chipset as F2A85-V Pro but micro ATX size), and I had a lot of troubles, because the system is not stable, and using Prime95 and Memtest86 I found that the problem is the RAM.

I've tried a lot of combination with 1,2,3,4 modules, different positions (1st,2nd,3rd,4th slot), different timings, different frequency (1333MHz, 1600MHz, 1866MHz), but nothing changed.

I know that this memory is designed for Intel, but on the official page (http://www.corsair.com/en/memory-by-product-family/vengeance/vengeance-32gb-quad-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz32gx3m4x1866c10r.html) is written "Also compatible with Intel and AMD dual channel DDR3 Platforms"

The question is, is this ram compatible with my system? (I don't think, because I tried a module of ddr3 1866MHz of another brand and it works fine)

If yes, how I have to set my system bios?

If no, how can I change my ram with a compatible kit?

Im not looking for overclock models, but I would prefer to have fast RAM, because the graphic card (integrated in the CPU) use the system's memory...

I also prefer 32GB, because I need a lot of memory for work with Photos and Videos...but 16GB of faster ram can be a good compomise.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

... I've yet to set the DRAM timings manually in the BIOS

The BIOS DRAM settings have been adjusted to those tested by Corsair at 1866Mhz and cited on the product page. The PC is now flying along at a clip ... :biggrin:

When I was considering DRAM for my latest build it dawned on me that, since 1999 I had put together two other PC's and I'd not had one single issue with Corsair DRAM, ever! Should I be frugal this time around and opt for some other DRAM that possibly cause me grief? NO! It may seem I'm not experimenting much by way of PC part manufacturers but at the end of the day it's speed & reliability that are of the utmost importance to me in my line of work (I'm a futures trader) and given that reliability each and every day it's ever so easy to take that for granted. Thankfully the combination of AMD, Asus and Corsair has been the bedrock foundation of my PC's for over a decade. Long may it continue.

I read that thread, but I also try every single module with memtest and i had errors...

I updated the last bios, set the ram at 1600MHz, 10-11-10-30 @ 1,5v , but nothing seems to change...

Then you should contact ASUS, as there seems to be something wrong with either the MB or the processor.

Archived