Corsair Community

500R Case / AF140 top mount fans

tengen

I'm going to sound extremely retarded here.

I have two AF140 fans that I want to mount on the top of the 500R. There are 140mm mounting holes on top of the 500R cases, space isn't an issue. However, the screws that come with the 500R are too fat and don't fit into the mounting screw holes, and smaller screw diameter will not be able to mount the AF140 properly, because the AF140 holes are designed for larger diameter screws.

Any suggestions?

So the mounting screws that came with the 500R are too big to fit the AF140 mounting holes and the mounting screws (standard?) do not not fit?

Have you tried the mounting screws that came with the fan?

The screws that come with the fan do not fit. The holes on the case are smaller, same size as a hard drive mounting screw.

The AF140 fans (and all fans I've seen) are of the larger variety.

• Corsair Employees
Please look in the accessory box that came with the Case there should be extra fan screws in that box, if not please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we explain that you need the fan screws in the problem description and we can send you the Accessory Kit. Just let me know the case number.

• 3 months later...

hi

sorry for dragging ip an old thread but i have a similar issue. while i havnt bought corsair 150mm fans i do have the issue of the screws provided with my nzxt? 140mm fans are to short and wide for the 140mm screw holea in the case. it is strange as they are alot smaller rhn the 120mm mounting screws which have the rubber gromits. i also need lobg enough, self tapping screws in order to cut the holes wider and mount through the fan. or are uou meant to drill these holes wider as required?

any help is appreciated

regards

whisky

Archived