Corsair Community

Chaintech VNF3-250+Corsair TwinX CMX256A-3200C2

psychogmv

Hi,

I bought an Athlon64 3000+ and a Chaintech VNF3-250. I am using 512MB Corsair TwinX CMX256A-3200C2, and everytime I boot the system, it freezes on the initial post screen (the one which shows the processor, memory etc) and I can´t even enter in the BIOS Setup. Sometimes the system doesn´t post. I was suspecting of a faulty motherboard, but I was reading that maybe incompatibility with RAM. I installed both on Dimm 1+ Dimm2. Do these memory sticks have issues with this Chaintech motherboard?

Thank you

I don't know of any compatibity problems there but, I'd get RAM GUYs input there.

I'd suggest that you reset the CMOS (aka RTC Jumper) to reset the bios, install a single stick of the RAM, and then try to boot. If this fails, repeat the jumper procedure, and try with the other stick of RAM. I'd also do this with ONLY the RAM, CPU, and video card installed to eliminate other potential problems.

Mike.

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the timings manually to the tested settings one module at a time and test with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing!

I would set these timings and then set the Dim Voltage to +.2 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.5

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 6

Row Precharge Time tRP 3

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Enable

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! !

• 2 months later...

Archived