Corsair Community

500r case fan connectors help

ktr695

I am beyond frustrated with this case right now. I have tried for a long time now to get these fans hooked up and get the fan controller hooked up but unsuccessfully. After much reading I keep seeing the case should have a molex adapter to plug into the power supply. I do not have this anywhere. I have 2 connectors that are connected to one cable but split to go into the 2 front fans then I have 1 separate cable that is identical (looks like it's also coming from the fan connector at the front) I'm assuming maybe this is to plug in to the 200mm fan on the side? So how am I now supposed to plug all this into the power supply? I do not see any 4 pin molex connector anywhere connected in this case. The only molex connectors I have came extra with my power supply and aren't compatible with the 3 pin cable in my case. Do you think Corsair just didn't include this and so I'm just screwed?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

It sounds like you have identified the fan connectors (the last one is for the 200mm side fan). Now you just need to find the molex connector. It's there. Carefully trace each and every cable emanating from the front panel. Eventually you'll find it. The attached picture is from a 500R review. You can see the cable you're looking for at the bottom of the image in the middle.

innercablefans.thumb.jpg.cbac1d34b9c404599203df36ce9755b4.jpg

Is there any way for this cable to detach from the case? I know that's prob not likely but i have searched everywhere. Ive already removed the middle bay in the case so i can see inside more clearly..I've looked on the other side of the case where cable management is and accounted for every cable connected to front of the case, and looked between every bay...i prob tried for an hour or two to find a solution and this cable. I.don't think i could overlook something of that size but find all the other cables easily. I will try again tho to find this..i do hope it's there otherwise not sure what to do.

Archived