Corsair Community

A question for airflow experts

Obsidian 650D case, H100i cooler and AX860i PSU

Which way up/down should each component be installed for best airflow?

e.g. H100i pulling air from above and AX860 pulling from below and then all venting out the back?

sticking with stock fans in case to begin with so 200mm at front of case (I think!)

I'd go front intake, rear intake with fan filter, h100 exhaust and ax860 fan facing down pulling through the PSU fan filter and out the back. Many will say (including corsair I believe) to use h100 as intake but this seams like a dust nightmare even with fan filters and there is only like a 2° difference in CPU temps while overall case temps are much higher. Tested myself in a 600t. If u have a GPU pushing air out the rear of the case you'll probably get the same temps with rear fan as exhaust. Unless u plan the run the h100 fans balls out it won't be to hurt in for air the rear fan doesn't move much FM while front moves a lot.

This was just brought up the other week. Hooded has some great suggestions and his results are pretty spot on.

I have the same case and run a 240 RAD (not the H-100 but still the same principal, and but a PSU with LED's so I chose to mount mine up). I'll just leave the link here so i don't have to retype my results. with that set-up.

The best thing to do is experiment and see what yields the best performance, or conditions that suit you,

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=112414

My 2 cents: When mounting fans with a rad, I found the best results setting them up for pull than push, whether it's used for intake or exhaust. Pulling heat through radiator fins yields less resistance than pushing heat. Even vehicle radiator fans are mounted behind the heat exchangers. Put it that way.

Archived