Corsair Community

TX650 Buzzing

wellkerned

I just recently built a new PC with a TX 650 power supply. It works great most of the time, except when it is making an incredibly annoying buzzing sound. I've watched the power supply while its making the buzzing and it seems to be the fan. Something will cause the fan to stock rocking back and forth a little bit, almost like it wants to spin but won't for some reason, and when it does this, it emits the buzzing noise. When the fan is rocking back and forth, the buzz alternates from on and off. The buzz is constant when the fan is spinning but not at full speed. If I forcefully stop the fan from moving at all, the noise completely stops. The noise also completely stops if the fan gets up to full speed. It almost seems to happen at random. Sometimes it will happen if I'm doing some heavy work, other times it will happen if the PC is just idling. Is this something that can be fixed, or should I RMA it? Thanks for the help.

This is the fan controller trying to figure out if it wants to turn on or not. Since it is a combination of temp and load that determines when the fan kicks on it may be right on the edge of that combination

While that noise is normal for those PSU's it shouldn't be so loud that you can hear it with your case closed. It's nothing that can be fixed, on your own, so if it is that loud you can RMA the PSu or return it to your reseller if you are still within your resellers time frame for returns

This is the fan controller trying to figure out if it wants to turn on or not. Since it is a combination of temp and load that determines when the fan kicks on it may be right on the edge of that combination

While that noise is normal for those PSU's it shouldn't be so loud that you can hear it with your case closed. It's nothing that can be fixed, on your own, so if it is that loud you can RMA the PSu or return it to your reseller if you are still within your resellers time frame for returns

I can hear it with the case closed and music playing on the pc. So it looks like I'm going to have to contact my reseller as the psu is barely a week old.

Archived