Corsair Community

h80i - Up and down whining sound

Adexus

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? With my H80i it seems that whenever CPU load gets a bit higher the pump makes more of a whining sound and then it'll lower and then raise depending on what I'm doing, I wouldn't actually mind if it was on a constant level but the constant lowering and raising is pretty annoying.

I've got it plugged into the CPU fan header but I've tried other fan headers and it's still the same, is there a fix for this or is this just the normal noise from the pump?

I have a whining noise but mine's coming from the fans. I'm 100% sure of this as I took one out, it was whining, I stopped the fan with my thumb and put it against my ear. The whining is coming from inside the fan. When I release the fan it gets a jolt of current (sorry, I couldn't describe it any other way) and speeds up and the whine goes away until it slows down again to about 1500-1700 rpm.

I have plugged them into the MB directly and the whine goes away but the rpm becomes permanently 100%.

FW is flashed. Link is installed and running.

Plugged in a stock corsair case fan into H80i and no whine.

Yup.. i have also just recently noticed this... It sounds like the fan speed (or something with a whine) increases and decreases... I'm not exactly sure what it is... Mine happens even when there is no load and I also have corsair link at a manual 1200 RPM... So I assume it shouldn't adjust the speeds....

Is the H80i FW updated?

Unplug the fans from the H80i and see if the sound is there.

Yup, firmware is all updated and I've plugged the fans into the front fan dial of my 600T and it was still there.

Yup.. i have also just recently noticed this... It sounds like the fan speed (or something with a whine) increases and decreases... I'm not exactly sure what it is... Mine happens even when there is no load and I also have corsair link at a manual 1200 RPM... So I assume it shouldn't adjust the speeds....

Yeah I noticed mine also happens with no load too, when I first turn on my PC it's not there but after about 10 minutes it starts whining, when the whine is quiet I don't mind, it's just when it increases/decreases all the time, it's just annoying.

Requesting RMA, well, im on my third (yes, third) H100i unit now, and i have had the exact same high pitched noise on all three, so how can people be sure to get a new one without it?

I hope Corsair is working their as*** off on this issue, because yes, the noise is incredible annoying.

• 1 month later...

I have that up and down whine as well, just bought the cooler 2 days ago and it has firmware 1.0.5, so not sure what to do yet rma or wait for a possible fix but seeing i have the very latest firmware that could be months way:(:

Oops forgot to say this is on a h100i.

Those new fans are going for free to all affected H80i/100i owners? I only just installed my H80i today and while i'm very pleased with it the fans start to become unbearable at ~1800 rpm even through an isolated case.

Kind Regards

• Corsair Employees
Those new fans are going for free to all affected H80i/100i owners? I only just installed my H80i today and while i'm very pleased with it the fans start to become unbearable at ~1800 rpm even through an isolated case.

Once we have it available, contact our customer service via RMA request and then explain the situation as I am pretty sure that there will be process in place particular on this matter.

So what happend to the firmware update? wasn't that suppose to fix this issue?

The FW will most likely address the detection issue (including LED issues), its on its final stages so I don't exact the exact details yet but once it's been finalized, we will release them to the public.

Archived