Corsair Community

corsair hydrocool question

WarEagle

I was wanting to purchase the water cooler but i dont know if it can cool my vidio card also can anybody tell me if you can cool your vga and m\b northbridge to i was wondering iv been checking water cooling and zalman water cooler cools all three but i realy like the corsair better but i want to cool more then just my cpu please help thx

I was wanting to purchase the water cooler but i dont know if it can cool my vidio card also can anybody tell me if you can cool your vga and m\b northbridge to i was wondering iv been checking water cooling and zalman water cooler cools all three but i realy like the corsair better but i want to cool more then just my cpu please help thx

Ahoy WarEagle welcome aboard

you can read here http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=25762&highlight=koolance an see what options are suited to you, or search the forums. There's plenty of info on modding or wait till corsair sells GPU/NB kit in USA. been tooo long since they selling overseas.

my Koolance GPU water block came yesterday morning.......... So I took the system apart and cleaned and purged the whole system......... I flushed everything out...I have a compressor so it makes it much easier............ I put the system back together with the GPU block after the CPU and leak tested the complete system for about 4 hours (good thing I have a second system to game on while waiting) While doing the leak test I turned the HC and waterblocks in every direction to get all the air out....Anyway I put it all back together last night and it seems to be working fine (it's not hot yet) I let the system run all night to set in the Arctic Silver on the CPU and GPU blocks. As of this morning the idle temps on the CPU are about 1c warmer than before I installed the GPU block (I can live with that) Right now the room temp is 26c, the CPU block temp is 30c, the CPU temp (MBM) is 37c and the GPU temp is 34c. These are my idle temps and the system is at 100% OC. CPU settings, 220x11 @ 1.85, GPU 440/395. So I think the temps are pretty good. My load temps are:CPU 42c, GPU 39c.

Just to let you know how well the Koolance block works compared to a Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer. The Koolance blocked dropped the idle temp from 42c to 34 and load temps from 48c to 39c and I gained another 20 MHz on the core OC.........

WarEagle,

Welcome as well. As for your question on cooling all three chips....the answer is yes. There are alot of options here to discover. As KaptCrunch said, Search the forums. Check out the pics on the thread started by Stev where you can post your pics of your system....you can see what others have done and can get some great ideas. this is where I started and it was a tremendous help. What GPU, CPU and MOBO do you have?

Good luck

Marc

I have a amd 2600+ barton o\c to 3500+

gigabyte 7NNXP m\b dual channel W N\B

FX5600 MadDog 128 DDR vidio card with a thermaltake giant III cooler

total 11 fans lol in my case im sick of the noise i have a gladiator 3 cpu cooler with a adapter to a 80mm fan.cools ok but the noise and watts being use could be cut down i have a thermaltake 560W p\s.so thats why im interested in the corsair water cooler from what iv been reading its the best on the market

WarEagle,

I am not that familiar with the MOBO but I have read some of the forums and there are a few HC'ers out there with the same board. Check some of the major outlets such as zipzoomfly.com. A quick search on Google and you will find most of them...search "water cooled computers". You will find all kinds of blocks for different applications with different coolant line sizes as well. once you do the reading and research, you will be able to make an educated decision on what you need. You can find most of the technical info here on the forums....just take a little time, but that is part of the fun of designing your system.

Your reason for wanting to water cool is the same as mine. I had 12 fans and the thing sounded like it was going to take off at any time. During gaming, it was fine since the speakers were turned up alot but when I was working on a Word document or something that required a quieter period of time, it became very annoying to the point I lost concentration. I started to look into noise cancelling technology and ran across water cooling and walah??? My system got very carried away from the beginning but it is much quieter now. I hope some one who has the same MOBO and CPU can jump in and get you jumpstarted on some blocks that will work. Good luck and don't forget to take pics of your process.

Marc

My pics of my rig with the koolance blocks. All that you have listed + hard drive cooler. If you are going with the Koolance video card block I would suggest mounting the HCX PCI card directly underneath the Video Card as it will allow for a straight shot out of the case.

1DSC00009.thumb.JPG.ebd7698ea77787990d7ad125c79aaa51.JPG

1DSC00013.thumb.JPG.bf6eb834c40f9aa4119d1a4ecae96a15.JPG

I also took a look at your board on NewEgg, it looks like mounting the koolance block is no issue. Just remove the NB heatsink and use the holes. The koolance block comes with springs for MOBOs like mine, or posts with screws for mounting on yours. You will need to remove the motherboard for any application I believe (PITA I know). If you go Koolance make sure you get the 1/4" barbs.

Archived