Corsair Community

Cracked Vengeance 2000

Valder

Tonight I've noticed that the inner side of my headset cracked. It seems that I'm having the same issue as this person here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=598643 :(

Everything was fine earlier today and noting extreme has happened to a headset since I purchased it from just a few months ago. It seems to be a common problem and I really hope that Corsair working to resolve this, but so far haven't seen any info about it.... C'mon guys, this headset is great, but it also have a little bit too many annoying issues!

I just had the same problem (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=612469)

Just submit an RMA ticket, and then paste your case number in this thread. Ram Guy is sure to approve it.

Also about Corsair working to resolve this, they don't seem to view this as a significant issue yet. Possibly give them some time, there is a chance they may change them in the future.

Just submit an RMA ticket, and then paste your case number in this thread. Ram Guy is sure to approve it.

Almost forgot to do this. Thanks for the reminder.

The case number is 5336631.

Also about Corsair working to resolve this, they don't seem to view this as a significant issue yet. Possibly give them some time, there is a chance they may change them in the future.

Well, it may not be that common in general(maybe it's just 2% or something...). But it seems to be a weak point of many headsets in the last couple of years. A friend of mine had similar problems with his logitech wireless headset and with another one of some different brand earlier. Additional reinforcement of some sort is something to consider. It may raise the overall cost of a headset, but will also save some of us time and nerves.

Great. Now I just need to figure out the best way of shipping...Btw, do I have to use original packaging or?... I think it might be a good idea to prevent any further damage. I have little trust in postal services of any kind to be honest... And I have no use the headset's box anyway, hehe.

Great. Now I just need to figure out the best way of shipping...Btw, do I have to use original packaging or?... I think it might be a good idea to prevent any further damage. I have little trust in postal services of any kind to be honest... And I have no use the headset's box anyway, hehe.

I used USPS, I probably could have gotten a better deal elsewhere though, at a $10 shipping cost. Either way well worth it.

Also as for packing, I put mine into the original Corsair box and then put that inside the box that NewEgg shipped the headset to me in. I surrounded it in the packing foam it was originally shipped with. Most people throw away the NewEgg boxes as soon as they get them, so this may not be possible for you.

Archived