Corsair Community

random kernel panic

mac-rat

Count me in as well.

I have installed the CMSA8GX3M2A133C9 8G kit about 2 weeks ago; 3 days after the new ram installation, the MBP started having random kernel panic. For the past two weeks, I since have 4 random kernel panic. Now I put back the apple original 4G ram, and will test the mac for a few days to consider my next course of action.:[pouts:

• Corsair Employees

Please see a few posts before as I have suggested the way to test the memory previously in this thread and what you should do in either case.

I would suggest checking with Apple to see if there is a firmware update, then install just one module and reset the PRAM then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

After the third kernel panic, I did performed a pram reset, but it only last couple days then it happened again.

All firmware and software is up-to-date on my early 2011 mbp, running the latest 10.7.5. As mentioned before, I will test the mbp with the apple original ram for awhile to find out whether or not kernel panic is still a problem; then will re-install the Corsair ram with pram reset and run the memtest.

• Corsair Employees
It sounds like the system is not compatible with 8.0 Gig modules have you checked if apple sells a 16 Gig set of modules for that system? AFAIK only the latest 2012 Version running the quad channel I7 is the only MBP version that officially supports 16 Gig of Ram.

Archived