Corsair Community

kernel panic

rafita

Hi, I have the same problem. First of all, sorry for my poor english.

My MacBook Pro Late 2011 i7 2.2 crashes with kernel panics randomly and often. Well let me not start mac on many occasions by the kernel panics. If I take the ram, and install Apple's memory, everything is okay again without any kernel panics.

Specifically I have a 8GB kit (2x4GB) CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9.

Memtest indicates everything is correct in memories.

That should do in this case? Process a warranty?

Thanks for all!!

• Corsair Employees

When you installed these modules did you reset the PRAM? If not I would install them again and reset the PRAM and test them again and make sure that you have the latest Firmware installed for your system.

If that does not solve the issue then please use the link on the left and request and RMA and we can replace them.

When you installed these modules did you reset the PRAM? If not I would install them again and reset the PRAM and test them again and make sure that you have the latest Firmware installed for your system.

If that does not solve the issue then please use the link on the left and request and RMA and we can replace them.

Yes I reset the PRAM and have the latest firmware of my MacBook Pro (EFI and SMC). MacBookPro8,2 MBP81.0047.B27 (EFI 2.7) 1.69f3 (SMC 1.5)

But not find the link on the left to process the RMA that you told me. Could you tell me where is the link?

Thank you very much

EDIT: it's this http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport/contact.aspx ? If yes I have already processed the request of RMA and am awaiting a response.

Archived