Corsair Community

What will Corsair do???!!!

AMDbigboy

Ramguy, I was reading an article about Intel's Broadwell using the new BGA package that will be soldered to the motherboard. I'm hearing that Intel is killing off the socket on motherboards, and with it, the enthusiast market!

Will this kill the desktop platform? What are you guys hearing about this? Also, has AMD killed off their high end CPUs like Steamroller? What affect will this have on Corsair, especially if Intel kills off the desktop?

According to a report, starting with Intel's Broadwell generation of processors, Intel will only offer mainstream desktop CPUs in BGA packaging - killing upgrade options, and hurting PC makers.

i dont see how thats an issue at all. the board will still need ram, hdd, a case, fans and a psu and some air or watercooling :):

its only a matter of time before the OS's are written on a ROM chip and HDDs are just for storage. IMHO if the BGA trend fails AMD may not join the herd so fast and will dominate the OC market once again. if it succeeds... well we shall cross that bridge later, its only a matter of time before the OS will be the next embedded item on the board. (right next to the integrated Corsair SSD :): ) but thats my 2013/2014 hairbrained predictions.

Archived