Corsair Community

CORSAIR Hydro H100i Altering?

Hayden06

I'm buying a computer soon (I added the hardware to my profile) and I'd like to use water cooling. My motherboard comes with a water cooling block already installed and I would like to implement it into my cooling system. Would the H100i pump be able to handle additional lines if I added them, and would the flow be enough for the extra cooling required? What if I possibly even added a reservoir towards the top of my case?

Thanks

Would the H100i pump be able to handle additional lines if I added them, and would the flow be enough for the extra cooling required?

Not only would you void the warranty but those pumps are no where near strong enough to push that volume of water. If you are thing of Mb water cooling a custom loop would be your best bet.

What if I possibly even added a reservoir towards the top of my case?

Again, if you are thinking of going through that much trouble to mod an H100 your better off buying a custom loop. You can find pre- built or universal watercooling kits for about the same price of what you would have in to modding the h100i

Takea a look at http://www.frozencpu.com They have a few of them to give you an ide of prices. Thats how i first got into it. The kit i bought was only about 240$ and included fans,a 240 rad, pump all necessary fittings and tubing.

Not only would you void the warranty but those pumps are no where near strong enough to push that volume of water.

That's pretty much what I figured. It was worth asking just in case though.

. You can find pre- built or universal watercooling kits for about the same price of what you would have in to modding the h100i

Do you have any recommendations on brand or whatever? Spending under $150 or so would be ideal, but you got to do what's necessary.

Thanks a bunch for the help

Not for around 150...The one from EK was about the cheapest i have found. There was one other one that might have been cheaper by about 40 buck, but so were the components.

I wasn't going to risk my system with an off brand kit that I wasn't sure of. EK has an excellent reputation so i spent the extra for it.

Archived