Corsair Community

Corsair AX1200i usb dongle and link 2.2.0 problems

vmanuelgm

Hello all.

I purchased a Corsair AX1200i last week.

As I mentioned in other threads here, I was not able to start my pc after installing the ax1200i with its usb dongle, until I found that tweaking my bios (asrock x79 Fatal1ty Champion) in power restore after failure and deep sx, did the trick.

The problem is in the usb dongle itself, which once connected doesn't allow starting the pc. I have seen that the pin reserved for dummy in usb connector, has a cable, which is not usual for an usb connector. Could it be possible that this cable is making the problem??

Another issue I suffered was related with Corsair Link 2.2.0, which once installed causes bsod's storport.sys related (Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise Drivers 3.5). Tried previous version of Intel RSTe, 3.2, which doesn't bsod, but makes my pc slower.

After making an rma request for usb dongle, I received today an rma number to send the dongle to the netherlands. I would like to know, before sending, if dummy pin could be the problem (if dummy pin doesn't do any job, I would try cutting it).

Thanks in advance.

Hello again.

I sent the usb dongle in rma #5325321, and was received in Netherland on 12/4/2012.

Corsair has sent me a message telling me that the replacement will be shipping shortly, but did not write a precise date..

When is Corsair going to send the dongle??

I have another question. Could it be possible to change the address for shipping??

Thanks in advance..

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry but we would not be able to answer these question from Tech Support please call our customer service by phone and I am sure they can help you with these issues.

The number is listed under contact on the main site.

I am sorry but we would not be able to answer these question from Tech Support please call our customer service by phone and I am sure they can help you with these issues.

The number is listed under contact on the main site.

I have just contacted customer service via mail.

I hope they answer soon..

I am suffering electric noise in my ax1200i, similar to ats buzz (ax1200i buzz thread)..

Should I rma the power supply too??

Thanks in advance, Ram Guy.

Can you hear the noise with the system closed up over the other fan noise?

Yes I can. The sound is almost equal to ATS buzz.. (see video on thread).

I would like you to know that, as I said before, I have contacted customer service, and they told me that they did not receive the dongle yet, when the dongle is with Corsair since 12/4, as the rma status from Corsair has stated...

I have sent Corsair the tracking from Correos Spain, confirming what I said, and pccomponentes.com (Spain) corsair ax1200i invoice..

I have had no answer yet. It is the first time I do an rma with Corsair, and I am feeling that this is no serious..

Hope Corsair sends me the new dongle soon..

Yes I can. The sound is almost equal to ATS buzz.. (see video on thread).

I would like you to know that, as I said before, I have contacted customer service, and they told me that they did not receive the dongle yet, when the dongle is with Corsair since 12/4, as the rma status from Corsair has stated...

I have sent Corsair the tracking from Correos Spain, confirming what I said, and pccomponentes.com (Spain) corsair ax1200i invoice..

I have had no answer yet. It is the first time I do an rma with Corsair, and I am feeling that this is no serious..

Hope Corsair sends me the new dongle soon..

Ram Guy, could you tell me something about this??? My rma number is #5325321

• Corsair Employees

Danidasanic

Your post was removed as it was just wrong information.

I am sorry that happened to you but just because it happened to you that does not mean it will happen to everyone. We are looking into your case so please keep to your own thread unless you have something constructive...

vmanuelgm

Please let us know how you make out.

Danidasanic

Your post was removed as it was just wrong information.

I am sorry that happened to you but just because it happened to you that does not mean it will happen to everyone. We are looking into your case so please keep to your own thread unless you have something constructive...

vmanuelgm

Please let us know how you make out.

really ?

Another issue I suffered was related with Corsair Link 2.2.0, which once installed causes bsod's storport.sys related (Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise Drivers 3.5). Tried previous version of Intel RSTe, 3.2, which doesn't bsod, but makes my pc slower.

this software cause bsods here too , the only solution that i got is to reboot the pc after the instalation (without closing or launching the software)

Archived