Corsair Community

Defective Obsidian 550D - best course of action?

Vertigo1

Hi,

I've received a faulty Obsidian 550D case but am not sure what the best course of action is.

The first problem is one of the front fans was making a loud ticking noise. The second, slightly more serious, problem was that one of the plastic hinge clips on the front door was broken.

Now the thing is I've already installed all of my components into the case and don't really want to RMA the whole thing and uninstall and re-install everything into a new case. All I need is a replacement fan and front door panel.

I've messaged my retailer to see what they suggest but thought I'd also ask on here whether I'm possibly better off dealing directly with Corsair?

Thanks for any help :)

Toby.

Hi,

Thanks for the help :)

I filled in an RMA and also added one other problem I've noticed but forgot about previously - namely that the left side-panel is bowed inward quite badly at the front edge. The panel itself feels very rigid so I can't imagine it could have happened in transit and looks like a manufacturing defect.

I've had a response to my RMA suggesting I send the defective parts back for replacement. Now, I have no issue sending back the fan and broken clip but sending back the side panel is going to cost me a packet as it's large and heavy, and will also leave me with an open case until a replacement is received, which isn't ideal, especially as I'm attending a LAN event next week.

Not sure what to do about the side-panel now. Can I buy a replacement from somewhere? I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them.

Thanks,

Toby.

Archived