Corsair Community

H100i buzzing

Drangueos

I have this problem too.

Received and successfully installed my H100i on November 30, 2012. Initially plugged the 2 fans included in the kit into the pump as a normal installation, and I noticed the high pitched buzzing/whistling sound. I removed them from the pump and the noise immediately stopped. Plugged the fans into my 650D case's fan controller, and the high pitch sound is gone.

• Corsair Employees
Probably I'm going to return the H100i, go back to my A70 and forget about water cooling for ever.

Sorry to hear that but if the cooler is keeping your CPU temp within reasonable range, I'd suggest that you hang on to it right now until we have determine what the root cause is and once we have figured it out, we will provide you guys a fix for this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear that but if the cooler is keeping your CPU temp within reasonable range, I'd suggest that you hang on to it right now until we have determine what the root cause is and once we have figured it out, we will provide you guys a fix for this issue.

unfortunately today is my last day to return it and no solutions yet, so I'm going back to air cooler for good.

So I went back to my Corsair A70...

My max temps after running prime 30 minutes with H100i was 71-77-72-67 with 20C room temp. (using the default H100i thermal paste)

My max temps after running prime 30 minutes with A70 was 69-74-71-66 with 22C room temp. (using MX-4 thermal paste)

So with 2C more on my room the A70 is performing better than the H100.

Archived