Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H

EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature 2 1097MHZ 2MB

G.SKILL F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL Ripjawsz 32GB 4X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10

Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W ATX 12V V2.3

Crucial M4 Micron C400 SSD 256GB 2.5in Solid State Disk

ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer 12X

ASUS VE247H 23.6IN Widescreen LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 2MS

Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Case

As seen alot I have the same grinding sound coming from the H100i fans but I am reluctant to update the firmware to 1.04 as I've read on here it has made alot of peoples H100i's inoperable. I also prefer the noise I have now instead of a high pitched sound users have reported.

I have a one month exchange policy with the company I bought this cooler from and I need to know when there is likely to be a fix, there seems to be alot of user activity on here but no response from Corsair tech support themselves.

If there were any news or time frame on another firmware update then I would not mind putting up with the noise until then. It appears that Corsair are not really paying much attention to any of the problems on here.

Matt

corsair does work diligently towards providing updates to their software but dont provide info till the software is released.the I series cooler is new so its a new game all together as is with most new products.

there have been those that used the software with good results ,if reluctant to try,why not wait and try right before your 30 return runs out.of course corsair offers a 5 year warranty and advanced replacements are available

The new cooler is supposed address all the problems of H100 and perform better in terms of temps.Matt's apprehension is quite justified. I have put on hold purchase of H100i after seeing more problems than H100 which I am using. Corssair link has compunded the problem. The fan noise can be addressed by replacing with a non-corsair fans. What to do with an unpredictable software.

Thanks baddi,

Also I would like to add that a closed circuit pump, radiator and 2 fans is hardly a complex system, especially for a company such as Corsair.

I have just spent $2500 on a new machine and the most simple component isn't doing what its supposed to do and I would just like to know exactly what is being done about it. There is no information on any upcoming firmware update or any official explanation and on top of that I keep on seeing more and more independant reviews from reputable websites saying how amazing the H100i is which is find pretty frustrating.

As baddi said it is an updated version of the H100, so not a totally new concept.

Matt

• Corsair Employee
The control electronics are completely new. The pump itself is updated as well. Yes the basic functionality of cooling a CPU is nothing new. We are working to fix any and all issues that people have with our products. Every person here spent good money to get a product that works and if it doesn't, we are going to fix it. We are aware of the complaints that have been brought to us on these forums and other forums as well. We watch as many as we can to try and get problems solved as quickly as possible. This is no different. We will work to provide a suitable solution as fast as we can.

Archived