Corsair Community

So what should the hardware ID be???

Ripshod

A few of us are having problems with the corsair link usb drivers.

So I checked:

For H80i:

In setup.ini and CmiUsb.inf the hardware ID is VID: 1B1C PID: 1C00

In device manager the hardware ID is VID: 1B1C PID: 0C04 (firmware 1.0.4)

This explains why the drivers aren't installing for us in the first place.

By editing these details in the two files the drivers install as they should.

But (big BUT), the drivers still don't work. 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'

Windows 7 x64

Yes I am. TBH I never noticed it in device manager before, either before the updates or after. Only when I was asked to look for it and it wasn't there.

CorsairLink IS working with windows' default drivers, in that the readings are correct and I can adjust the fans on my H80i.

But should I be able to adjust my HD5770 as well? (cos I can't), but then I'm not just asking for myself, iykwim.

The dashboard is fully working then. :D:

In that case everything is fine for me with the window's drivers. But I see others struggling to get the supplied drivers working properly, some of them forcing the drivers and ending with no connection to their hydro.

The point I've made before, and what you've just told me says the default windows7 drivers are good. 'USB Input Device' and 'HID compliant device' is how my H80i is showing in device manager.

I just wanted some clarification on the hardware IDs.

To add credence to what I'm saying I've extracted the CorsairLink 2.2.0 installer:-

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/Ripshod/extract.jpg

No mention of windows 7 or even vista???????

I'm gonna be a pain in the backside til this whole thing is resolved.

Bl**dy hell, I got it installed.

Was a nightmare. Had to edit CmiUsb.inf and setup.ini with the correct Hardware ID and ClassGUI the drivers went in first time.

I wouldn't suggest any forum members do it - but in device manager find the 'HID-compliant device' with the hardware ID HID\VID_1B1C&PID0C04&REV_0200, and force the edited drivers to install. I'll not go into it here, but you may need to disable the driver signing wotsit, reboot and voila.

It's not over tho, I think Corsair should re-release the software with the correctly edited drivers.

I'm p**sing myself with joy. Tomorrow I'll put a proper tutorial up!!

• Corsair Employees

What are you trying to accomplish? The I series products use the default Windows HID driver and does not require a custom driver to operate. The driver that is packaged with the Corsair Link Dashboard software if for an entirely different product (The AXi series PSU's).

The Corsair Link dashboard only allows reading of the GPU temp and fan speed, no adjustment.

If the pump, fans, and LED light devices all properly show in the Dashboard software, it is working as intended. No modification of driver files is needed.

Glad you brought that up. The drivers install automatically as part of the CorsairLink software. The fact that they're not for Win7 has no bearing on the fact that people click to install when the signing warning comes up, and end up with a screwy driver. I now have a working driver that corsair should consider including with the software, so we don't have loads of peeps running around saying their hydros don't work.

I'm electing you, as a Corsair employee, to do a stickied writeup about this - would save a lot of head scratching.

So peeps are installing non-working drivers they don't need.

And, if you go through everything I've posted, I stated in the third post that we don't need the drivers for win7 as the default drivers work fine.

Yet peeps still force them.

Maybe a topic entitled 'You don't need any drivers for the H100i/H80i'?

*edit*

I don't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere else So I've done a topic.

This topic now closed - issue resolved

I'm having similar problems...as soon as I restart my computer my h80i doesn't recognize the corsair link software and I have a yellow indicator under USB device in device manager...

@ripshod...can you please post that tutorial thanks!

Don't need to put the tutorial up m8, word is getting out. Right click the device, select 'Uninstall', put a tick for 'Delete the driver software for this device' and then OK. Once this is done right click the name of your PC at the top of the list and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. Windows should detect your cooler and install it's default HID drivers. If this doesn't work do the uninstall again but don't scan, just reboot.

If this doesn't work something else is the issue and I'll see if we can sort it. Post again when you're done, I'm watching this topic.

• 1 month later...
Don't need to put the tutorial up m8, word is getting out. Right click the device, select 'Uninstall', put a tick for 'Delete the driver software for this device' and then OK. Once this is done right click the name of your PC at the top of the list and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. Windows should detect your cooler and install it's default HID drivers. If this doesn't work do the uninstall again but don't scan, just reboot.

If this doesn't work something else is the issue and I'll see if we can sort it. Post again when you're done, I'm watching this topic.

Hello Ripshod, registered on this forum to say I have the exact same problem, but the solution you describe isn't working for me.

That is, I've put together a Windows 7 x64 system with the h100i, but the usb link dongle driver won't work.

I've tried uninstalling w. deletion, and then scanning which didn't work. And then I tried simply uninstalling it and rebooting. A few seconds after logging on Windows will report the device as not working but if I try to update the drivers it says it already has the right ones.

I've also tried choosing the CmiUsb.inf from the CorsairLink 2\Drivers folder manually. This registers the device in the device manager with the proper name, but I get the same code 10 - device could not start, that you did.

The h100i does not show in CorsairLink at all because of this driver issue :[pouts: (and I also have the noisy/rattling fans problem so I'd like to be able to install a firmware update if Corsair ever decide to release a fix for it :mad:)

Edit: the system will run for 10 or so minutes with the noisy/rattling fans, and then speed up to max rpm for a few seconds. Rinse/repeat. I'm guessing this is the default behaviour of the unit if the software can't communicate with it.

Progress!

I found your driver guide post and tried enabling the driver downloads from Windows Update (it wasn't enabled by default). Sadly it resulted in the non-working "unknown device" driver being installed.

But!

Shutting down my computer and moving the keyboard from one usb port to another (3.0 instead of 2) and then starting up/logging in seemed to allow Windows to install the correct generic driver without failing!?!?

Now the unit shows up in the CorsairLink software and I can see that it's running 1.0.0 firmware. :eek:

Thank you so much for your posts on this issue. They've been very helpful in tracking down this annoying driver issue (why didn't Corsair just bundle the driver when the pnp solution is this flaky? oh well)

Now the waiting game begins. Hopefully it won't be long before they re-release a firmware fix for the rattling fans.

• 2 years later...

I just found this thread and it's interesting that it's been outstanding for so long.

The correct solution is to set the device friendly name using the Setup API. I added this to my SIV utility and it is less than 100 lines of C. The same code should have been added to CL years ago. You can't easily have H100iGT, H100i, H80i as the name as all of them have the same VID and PID, but I guess with a bit more work it would be possible. On my system I get as below.

Note that there is a USB and HID device for each bridge. I have 3 x CLCC + 1 x H110iGT + 1 x old Commander + 2 x RM C-Link Adapter.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22362&stc=1&d=1438441819

1857493609_SetupAPI.png.7092a78bd54327466653bae326c2ce9c.png

Archived