Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager GT 64GB usb 3.0

Malign

I am having problems with my USB. when I had windows 7. It worked good except I could not restart the computer with it in. It would freeze on windows screen. If I ejected it before hand and then put it in when windows loaded, it worked well. I now put it in with Windows 8 Pro and it says it malfunction and could not be recognized. It will however work in the 2.0 slot. Installing the driver(usb 3.0) for my motherboard does not correct the problem either. Any suggestions?

Yes I have the current chipset drivers and what I thought wasd the latest 3.0 drivers from Asrock. Ok, so I went to my friends house and to my surprise, his system recognized it right away and ask if I had a certain driver. I told him no so he put it on my drive and when I got home I installed it. Did not work. So I was reading more in the Tech powerup forums and stumbled upon a link to intel site with the new NEC drivers(come to find out that they merged with Renesas). I have the Asrock 890FX Mother Board and they have not been keeping up with the drivers for the mother board. Here is the link that was provided: There is a new driver version for the NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 and it can be downloaded here @ Intel's download center: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21566&ProdId=3454&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A&DownloadType=%0ADrivers%0A

I hope this helps out anyone having issues of them not working with their system.

PS Everything seems to be working fine and I can also restart the computer with the usb in without issues.

Archived