Corsair Community

H80i No Screw Hole Threads

VulgarDisplay88

I receive my H80i earlier today.

I always insert screws into the corresponding holes to make sure that they fit nicely but upon doing so I discovered that 3 out of the 4 holes that are on the rear of the radiator have no threads so the screw just slips in and out without effort.

Obviously this is not safe to install so I have packed it back up.

My H100 eventually developed this same thing but that was due to me installing it multiple times (roughly 9) due to case changes etc. (I'm an amateur reviewer) but I would never have expected it from a brand new item.

With me living in the UK I have opted to RMA it to the company I bought it from rather than yourselves as it is free but I was wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this?

Thanks.

With me living in the UK I have opted to RMA it to the company I bought it from rather than yourselves as it is free but I was wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this?

Yes, i have, and actually instead of RMAing the unit i opted to just tap the holes to the next largest screw size. In my case i use a 3mm screw that is just slightly larger in diameter , but made sure they were the same length. As long as you do not pierce the radiator with longer screws all should be good!

Archived