Corsair Community

Serious HELP needed please: H80 - one fan runs maxed out while other is fine???

TR8MARX

Hi every one, this is my first post here in slight desperation, any help will be greatly appreciated.

i recently purchased a h80 to work with my p8z77-V delux.

PROBLEM: When i plug the stock 'problem' (p) fan into the h80 it runs maxed out like the POST test constantly while the good fan works perfectly and adjusts speed according to high med an low.

SETTING UP:

- h80 installed onto p8z77 delux which i updated the bios version which fixed other mobo issues

- h80 connected to molar plug and cpu fan header at top of mobo

-Both fans connected to h80

MY TROUBLESHOOTING:

In all these situations 'problem' fan runs max while other runs normal

-on all h80 speed settings

-in either port on h80 with or without the working fan

-with h80 in cpu opt or cpu fan headers

-pfan with a non stock fan (the non stock seems to change speed with h80 setting but very hard to tell)

-good stock fan with non stock fan (VERYYYY hard to tell but i think non stock runs maxed and doesnt change with h80 settings)

Despite all this, when the problem fan is connected directly into the mobo cha fan3 header or my tower fan controller, it runs properly like the good fan.

HYPOTHESIS: This has lead me to believe that the problem lies in the h80 itself or my mobo/mobo settings.

Thus i have messed around with fan controls on my mobo UEFI BIOS to no prevail (HOWEVER i cannot say for sure iv turned off the automatic/dynamic cpu fan control which may be the problem as i cannot find the option)

I have also performed a firmware reset on the h80 several times now to no prevail.

interestingly though when the pc is running in bios and i hold the h80 button down for however long nothing happens until i let go and instead of flashing through the settings it just stops only one of my fans either good or problem fan whilst the other runs either flat out (pfan) or normal. i have no idea what the heck is going on there???

FINAL CONCLUSION: i was kinda sick of it all and took it back to the place i purchased it from and when they tested it, it worked perfectly on their mobo with my h80 and both pfan and normal fan....

So i am close to certain that my mobo is somewhat the problem, however that weird **** with the h80 firware reset i think perhaps it may be a combination of mobo and h80??? idk its done my head in especially for a noob like me.

If anyone has bothered to read all that cause u please help me, and maybe let me know how to turn off automatic cpu fan control from my mobo so i can see if that fixes it, or perhaps a new fan or just some other method to bypass the h80 if all hope is lost.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE, and most likely :faceslap: on my part

HYPOTHESIS: This has lead me to believe that the problem lies in the h80 itself or my mobo/mobo settings.

Yes, they have had a handful of cases with the fan controllers on the H-80 itself. Please use the link on the left to request an RMA.

FINAL CONCLUSION: i was kinda sick of it all and took it back to the place i purchased it from and when they tested it, it worked perfectly on their mobo with my h80 and both pfan and normal fan..

Were you a witness to this test or just told of the results?

So i am close to certain that my mobo is somewhat the problem, however that weird **** with the h80 firware reset i think perhaps it may be a combination of mobo and h80??? idk its done my head in especially for a noob like me.

This is impossible, and why i asked if you actually witnessed the test . The H-80 is an independent unit and MB will not have ANY effect on it's operation

Thanks so much for ur response.

I have just performed similar tests with the two tower fans included with my case not the stock h80 ones.

TEST: both plugged into h80 and run through speed settings on h80 whilst in bios

fan in left socket run as it was suppose to

fan in right socket ran very fast and moderated itself before coming to a constant very slow speed and did not change according to the h80 speed settings.

when i swapped the h80 sockets that they were connected to the same fans did their same thing again.

Yes i did see the two fans appearing to run normally, but now i believe his one was just really slow instead of really fast just like these stock tower ones based in this latest test. He told me that it may be my mobo settings where as ur saying that has nothing to do with the h80 settings.

basically i am so lost and on sleepy meds which isnt helping, any ideas??

thank you

Archived