Corsair Community

Noise GS800 request

pandafurtif

Hi,

Sorry for my english i'm french. I bought a GS800 EU and i have problem with the noise of the fan. It's very very noisy. I thought i could accustom myself to this sound but it's very disapointing. I make all you say in the Noisy thread in the forum like disable some part in the bios but it doesn't change anything.

The power supply don't make any noise when the fan don't spin but it works noisy everytime i play or draw in 3D. If the fan spin, it stop and go every time with that loud noise and we can hear it in all the room.

Sometimes the fan don't know if he must spin or not so it makes the noise too. A friend of me had the same problem with a GS800 too and he said to come to see you for that. I don't want a new GS800 i hear too many people have this problem and i don't want take the risk to pay 25euros of shipping to return it to you for having the same problem again. In this case i prefere buy another powersupply elsewhere.

Because i can't stay without computer for my work is there any solution?. I wish we could find a way to solve it. Thank you to read me.

Corsair has identified the issue with the fan controllers and has since fixed the issue. The ONLY way to fix it is to RMA it.

And I would suggest to RMA with Corsair directly so you are sure to get a new unit and not old stock from your reseller..

Since you can not be without a working machine i would first fill out the RMA request using the link on the left. Then once you get an RMA or case number call the toll free CS number here in the states and ask them for an advance replacement.

Since you are overseas you can instal and use SKYPE to make the call to the toll free number for nothing. You can find the number at the bottom under contact on the main website page. Just be sure you watch the time difference. If you are unsure if they are open or not just check the header at the top of the forums. It will let you know if they are open or not.

RMA#5315272

Finally i will make a simple RMA, i found an old power supply for waiting the new one.

I call Corsair and i ask them for the free shipping with the 30days. They wanted a copy of the bill by mail. So i send it. But now i must wait a response with a ticket or anything else, i don't know for the free shipping or i must send the old power supply today and have the money back later?

• Corsair Employees
I have sent a message to our customer service for you if you do not hear from them in 24-48 hours please call them by phone and the number is listed under contact on the main site and you can call the toll free number for free using SKYPE.

Archived