Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 settings question help please

markshim

hi guys,

i have a new asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 motherboard and new CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 ram. in my motherboard manual it does list this ram.

my question is at the moment everything in my bios is set to auto so the timings on the ram are 9-9-9-24 but my ram is 8-8-8-24.

do i need to change these settings and if so how in my bios?

do i just change the 9-9-9 to 8-8-8 and thats it ?

i am a bit of a noob and do not know about this stuff or the bios so please bare with me :)

• Corsair Employees
Yes you will have to set the memory manually and with the CPU you have DDR1333 would be suggested so if the memory is running at DDR1333 and Cas 8 and its stable I would leave it there. If not I would go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then set AI Over clock tuner to manual and set the memory/DDR frequency to DDR1333 and set the memory Voltage to 1.6 Volts and set Command Rate to 2T and leave the timings at AUTO then disable legacy USB and run three passes of http://www.memtest.org

hi there sorry i forgot to update my system specs.

i have a new motherboard, cpu, card now, i have updated my specs for you to look at.

can you please tell me if its only the 9-9-9 i need to change to 8-8-8 ?

Yes, you will need to change the timings to 9-9-9-24, but also set the frequency to 1600mhz. Just changing the timings will not change the frequency , but only what is called loosening the timings at 1333mhz.

hi there,

can i have some conformation from the ram guy about changing the the settings in my bios to 8-8-8-24 and frequency to 1600mhz please. is that all i need to change? i have undated my specs of my new pc for you. i haven`t done it b4 so i am a bit worried about what to change.

:)

Archived