Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 800d - Hot Swap Bays

Adam1024uk

Hi All,

I have recently aquired a Corsair Obsidian 800d case, all is well with it apart from the Hot Swap Bays. The bays appear to work perfectly fine with a standard 3.5 inch drive, the drive inserts and feels like it is making a good connection. However the 2.5 inch drives I use (SSD) don't appear to be making a proper contact with the backplane ports although the drives are pushed in as far as they will go. I have used the pre-drilled holes in the caddies for the drives.

Thinking that I might have a duff backplane, I ordered another one and installed it, same problem. I took the backplane out of the case and attached the SSD drives directly to it, this worked fine. To get the SSD drives working, I have had to secure the SSD drives to the caddies using double sided tape just a little further up the caddie, by about 3-5mm. Because of the close proximity to the predrilled holes I can't make any new holes of my own.

My question to you folks is has anyone else had this problem, if they did, what did they do to resolve?

Check the frames on the cage and see if there are any bits where it could prevent the SSD from connecting to the backplane.

If i recall correctly, One user had to remove the plastic frame around the cage so the drive can connect to the backplane properly.

Archived