Corsair Community

I don't get it?

Bestkid

I really don't get it?

The Corsair Vengance 64GB Quad Channel (CMZ64GX3M8A1600C9) is sold for £323.57

The Corsair Vengance 32GB Quad Channel (CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9) is sold for

£145.58

Is theer a difference between these two Memory packs? I might as well just get two 32GB packs? Or is there something in the 64GB pack that is better than the 32GB?

Is theer a difference between these two Memory packs? I might as well just get two 32GB packs? Or is there something in the 64GB pack that is better than the 32GB?

Other than capacity the Vengeance series are made from basically the same IC's. But as noted by Synthohol Corsair does not suggest or support mixing/combing multiple kits because of the various issues that can show up from using multiple kits.They can actually be incompatible with each other.

This is why Corsair takes the time to test and match modules into matched kits. All it takes is one slight difference between the two sets to throw off them all. So it would be best to just purchase the 64 gig kit so you are guaranteed rated speed and complete compatibility.

It's your money and your system, but if you do choose to use multiple kits and you do run into problems with them there is not alot that Corsair can do about it.

Also when you mix kits like that there is a high chance they may not work at all , or you may have to run them at reduced speeds(13333mhz in this case) to get them to sync up with each other.

I would strongly urge you to just go for the 64 gig kit if that is the capacity you are looking for. It may save you a lot of time,headaches, and money from returns or RMA's in the futurewhich could be considerable more money that the difference of your initial purchase in the first place.

Archived